We welcome professional artists and artist groups to submit a proposal for a two dimensional artwork (size 16 m x 2.15 m) which will be publicly displayed for 4-6 weeks in a highly frequented underpass in Zurich’s (Switzerland) new business district. We are looking for artists who are interested in working with the immediate surrounding of the urban neighborhood of Hardbrücke public area (the underpass), the location of the underpass or Zurich’s urbanity in general. The public area Hardbrücke can be a window that offers connections and associations of any and all sorts. Extended deadline OPEN CALL 2013: 14 April 2013
17ZWEI Call 2013 is a continuation of a first call made in 2012, which was a great success. We are looking forward to carry on displaying artworks from all over the world.
Applications must be submitted in English or German.
Each applicant may submit only one concept.
The application should include:
- Contact information of the artist
(including: name, surname, postal address, e-mail address, phone number).
- A curriculum vitae, no longer than 1A4 page as a PDF
- An artist portfolio of five works no older than five years.
- A project proposal (which can be a description of max. 300 – 500 words and a visual sketch with the correct proporitons of the tarp)
Please submit your complete application as a PDF by e-mail until
14st April 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org
(please note, only complete applications will be considered).
The application process:
Once the deadline has passed, a jury will select 4-6 works. The selected artists will receive an artist’s fee of 1000 CHF. In addition to the artist’s fee we offer to cover the travel expenses to Zurich to the opening of the artwork (there is no cash alternative for trip costs). Each piece will be displayed for minimum of 4 weeks.
If your work gets selected you will be informed of the dates your work will be on display. The decision of the jury will be mailed out to all participants at the end of April.
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile