Open to: International
PleinAir Magazine presents the first annual “Plein Air Salon.” In the spirt of the French Salon created by the Academie des Beaux-Arts in Paris, this annual competition with bi-monthly contests leading to an annual Salon winner is designed to stimulate artist growth through competition and to reward artists through recognition and $20,000 in cash prizes. It is our belief that cash prizes assist in removing pressure to earn a living and help create an environment to thrive and develop new work in a pressure-free environment.
Each bi-monthly competition will offer recognition awards, visibility through PleinAir Magazine’s newsletter editions plus awards of materials and supplies.
The competition is an annual contest with a bi-monthly component. Winners of each bi-monthly competition will be entered into the annual contest at which time a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and runner ups will be selected.
We will be rewarding up to $20,000 in prizes plus many merchandise and recognition awards. In order to enter you’ll have to register for your first entry and can use your sign-in and password for additional entries or future entries.
- 1st place: $ 15,000 cash prize plus more!
- 2nd place: $ 3,000 cash prize plus more!
- 3rd place: $ 1,500 cash prize
- 3 finalists: $ 500 cash prize
- Plus showcase of all winners in PleinAir Magazine!
- Artist Profile in weekly e-newsletter PleinAir Today
- $250 Gift Certificate for SourceTek Plein Air Panels
- $100 Blick Art Materials Gift Certificate
- $120 Gamblin Accents on Landscape Painting System
- $18 Gamblin GamVar Picture Varnish
- $100 Isabey French Handmade Bristle Brushes
- $200 Judson’s Gift Certificate (for Guerrilla Pochade Box or other materials)
- $200 Raymar Gift Certificate (Canvas Boards, FeatherLite Panels or Linen Panels as well as Wet Panel Carriers)
- $100 Utrecht ArtSmart Gift Card
Each entry must be accompanied by an entry fee, which is non-refundable unless the image is rejected. The fee for the first image submitted is $30.00 and each additional image submitted is $11.00 each (US Dollars). There is no limit to the number of images you can enter in each bi-monthly contest and images can be re-entered in subsequent contests asmany times as you wish. Competition is open to residents of any state or country where acceptable by law.
All painting subjects accepted including studio and plein air works of any subject matter including, but not limited to landscape, architecture, still life, figurative, or portraiture in any size and made with any medium including oil, watercolor, acrylic, pastel, and others. PleinAir magazine reserves the right to reject or not display any image, which it feels is inappropriate or distasteful or the image quality resolution is poor.
All images submitted in digital format and must be presented without frames and must have the signature of the artist. By submitting you agree that you are not submitting images, which are copies of other artists works or copyrighted materials and that you are the copyright holder and are submitting original work. By submitting you are agreeing in advance to have your artwork published on any Streamline Publishing, Inc. website, email, Facebook or Twitter page or other electronic or printed means, including PleinAir Magazine’s website and in PleinAir Magazine and promotional materials in perpetuity. If the publication requests a high-resolution image for higher quality reproduction purposes you are in agreement that you will provide this in a timely manner when requested. Each contest ends officially at exactly 12 midnight following the published final day of each contest.
All individuals entering must be at least 18 years of age to accept cash prizes. Entries will not be accepted if sent by mail or physical delivery of photographs, discs or actual paintings.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site: http://www.outdoorpainter.com/competition-overview/index.php
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile