Deadline: 30 September 2011
Open to: professional craft artists over the age of 21 who reside in America or Canada and are actively involved in the design and production of craftwork supplied to galleries and/or craft stores. The NICHE Student Awards competition is open to any craft student residing in and attending an American or Canadian undergraduate, graduate or certificate arts program.
Submitted work must have been produced or introduced after August 31, 2010 to be eligible. Work previously submitted to the competition will not be accepted. Artists may enter as a student for up to one (1) year after graduation; however, work submitted must have been produced while an artist was still a student. Professionals may only submit work produced within the U.S. or Canada. Work produced in secondary studios within other countries may not be submitted.
NICHE magazine reserves the right to merge categories that do not accrue an appropriate number of applications.
The only way to enter the 2012 NICHE Awards or 2012 NICHE Student Awards is by completing an application online. Paper applications will not be accepted.
One application per artist is allowed. Each application allows for up to three pieces of work to be submitted; no more than two pieces may be submitted in the same category. The competition is judged on a per piece basis, not on an application basis. It is therefore possible to be up to a three-time winner. Artists may enter in either the professional division or student division, not in both. Entries must be submitted by the artist in the artist’s name, not in the name of a company or school.
No additional images showing detail will be accepted for jurying. The image photo submitted may be enlarged by the judges to see detail. Each image must be a separate piece of work and show the work in its entirety. Applicants may not enter an individual piece in more than one category.
Installation art will not be accepted in any category.
The cost to enter is $40 for professional, $20 for current Buyers Market exhibitors and $18 for students. The application fee can be paid by check or money order only. Note the applicants name with the payment. Please mail payments to:
3000 Chestnut Ave., Ste. 300
Baltimore MD 21211
- Applicants will receive an email notification when their payment has been processed and their application is accepted.
- Payments must be received no later than two weeks after the application deadline. Unpaid applications will be deleted from the competition.
- NICHE magazine accepts only digital images for the 2012 NICHE Awards and 2012 NICHE Student Awards.
- Images must be in JPEG format, 300 dpi and approximately 4×6 inches (1200×1800 pixels) in size. Images not meeting these standards will not be reviewed.
- Artist renderings/sketches and digitally created images will not be accepted. The photo should represent a piece as it actually looks.
- Images submitted are understood to be the property of the artist with the right to use them for unlimited publication. All photography credits (when applicable) must be submitted with the application.
- All images submitted to the competition may be used by NICHE magazine in upcoming issues or for other promotional purposes.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile