Deadline: 15 September 2011
Open to: international, professional designers and design groups
2011 the 5th China International Poster Biennial
The 5th China International Poster Biennial (CIPB) will be held in October, 2011 at the West lake of Hangzhou, China. This exhibition of posters chosen from throughout the world is intended to provide a review of the current state of international poster design.
Since 2003, CIPB have been held successfully for four times. It was attended by designers and social groups from all over the world. CIPB worked as an international communication platform in the area of graphic design and design education. At the same time, it improved the progress of international graphic design.
As a high reputation educational organization of art and design, China Academy of Art devoted great efforts to organize the CIPB in the past 8 years. Nowadays, CIPB has been recognized by Ministry of Culture of the People’s Republic of China as an official cultural communicative project, and become an important item of The West Lake EXPO in Hangzhou. As one of the best exhibitions in the field of international design, CIPB gathers the most excellent graphic designers in the world as the jury committee, for enhancing China’s and global poster design to a higher level.
□1. The 5th China International Poster Biennial
□2. The Master Work Show of the 5th China International Poster Biennial
□3. Document show of the 5th China International Poster Biennial
□4. The 5th China International Design Forum
□5. The 12th Platinum Originality
□6. Workshops by international jury
□ Ministry of Culture of the People’s Republic of China
□ 2011 The West Lake EXPO in Hangzhou, China
■ Organizer: China Academy of Art
■ CURATOR: Xu Jiang , Qian Xiaofang
□ ADVISER/CONSULTANT: Zhao Yan , Yuan Youmin
□ PRESIDENT: Wang Xueqing
□ VICE PRESIDENT: Fan Guangyi
□ EXECUTIVE PRESIDENT: Han Xu
□ GENERAL SECRETARY: Yu Jiadi
□ VICE SECRETARY: Jin Hongyan
□ SUBPROJECT CURATOR: Wang Xin
□ CURATOR OF PLATINUM ORIDINALITY: Wu Weicheng
■ PRESIDENT OF JURY: Stephan Bundi (Switzerland)
■ THE PRESELECTION JURY:
□ Apex Lin (Taiwan, China)
□ Benny Au (HongKong, China)
□ Jianwei Cui (China)
□ Zhengda Chen (China)
□ Shaoqiang Wang (China)
■ THE FINAL JURY
□ Stephan Bundi (Switzerland)
□ Ronald Curchod (France)
□ Apex Lin (Taiwan, China)
□ Toshiyasu Nanbu (Japan)
□ Istvan Orosz (Hungary)
Professional designers and design groups all around the world.
■ OFFICIAL LANGUAGES: Mandarin /English
■ ENTRY FEE: None
■ DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES:
15th Sep. 2011
■ EXHIBIT DURATION:
From 29th Oct. to 3rd Nov.2011 Hangzhou, China
■ ENTRY RULES:
□ All posters must be created after 25th Jun. 2009. All posters must be printed works of offset, silk-screen or digital. Ink-jet or hand drawing works are not qualified.
□ Size of works: no smaller than 36.4cm x 51.5cm (14.3 inches x 20.3 inches) and no larger than 120.0cm x 180.0cm (70.9 inches x 47.3 inches).
□ The participants should be requested to fill in a label in block letters or type-written. A copy of the label must be fixed with adhesive tape to the lower-right corner on the reverse of each poster.
□ Entry forms must be enclosed in a sealed envelope along with the posters. The participants should be requested to fill in an entry form in block letters or type-written. An illegible entry form will cause disqualification of the entry. The personal details given on the form will serve later as valuable information in the CIPB 2011 catalogue. The entry form should be signed by the participant.
□ There is no limit to the amount of entries. One series work will be accounted as one.
□ Each work in duplicate, but mounting is not required.
□ The works should be packed in a safe and practical manner to avoid any damage during transport. The organizers do not take responsibility for any damages of works in transport.
□ The posters must be
sent as printed matter of a non-commercial value statement. Please do not include the price of your submission on the postal declaration or invoice. The organizers will not undertake any customs clearance.
□ Entries will not be returned. Judges and their family partners and their business partners can not participate in the competition.
□All the participants should provide electronic documents. All the images should use the format of TIFF-CMYK with 350dpi in A4 size. The electronic document should be sent to the mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please create a new folder for every project, and name it following the rule ‘Title – Designer – Country – Number’.
The 5th China International Poster Biennial
BOX 38#, Xiangshan Campus of China Academy of Art
No.352 Xiangshan Zhuantang Town,
■ FINAL OBLIGATION:
All the posters selected by the jury for the competitive exhibition become the property of the organizer. The organizer has the right to photograph and reprint the works for publicity and promotion. One copy of the catalogue published by organizer will be available to each participant at 50% discount.
Each of the participants for the exhibition will receive a certificate from organizer.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile