Deadline: 12 February 2012
Eligibility: Participants must be resident in Europe.
5th EUROPEAN QUILT TRIENNIAL
Textilsammlung Max Berk
9 September 2012 to 6 January 2013
The Textilsammlung Max Berk · Kurpfälzisches Museum is holding the 5th European Quilt Triennial, which is expected to be shown in Heidelberg from 9 September 2012 to 6 January 2013 and subsequently at Kreismuseum Zons in Germany, Textilmuseum St. Gallen in Switzerland, and at the prestigious Festival of Quilts in Birmingham/UK in August 2013. Plans for further exhibitions in Germany and other countries are currently under discussion.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
The work must display the basic structural characteristics of a quilt. It must be made of flexible material. The use of additional materials is permitted. The whole work or a work made of several individual pieces must comprise at least two layers of material joined together with quilting stitch.
The work may contain traditional elements but as a whole must show an original design idea. Stagnation of craft and design, aiming only at technical perfection, will not be accepted for participation. Copies of works or works designed by other people are not permitted, nor are any quilts created in workshops.
The work must not be older than 12 months at the time of entry and must not be submitted concurrently to any other competition.
The work must not have been shown or be shown in public before the exhibition in the autumn of 2012.
The work must have a minimum size of 1 m² and a maximum size of 4 m². When quoting the size on the forms and photo material, always state the height before the width.
Each quilt must have a tunnel at least 8 cm wide on the reverse, or the quilt must have its own means of hanging, including a rod/rail. However, three-dimensional objects that can be displayed as free-standing or hanging artefacts are explicitly permitted.
Garments are not accepted.
Each participant may submit entries for a maximum of 2 works (please use a separate form for each piece). However, only one piece will be accepted for the exhibition. By submitting an entry, the participant accepts the conditions of the competition and undertakes to make those works selected available for the exhibition. Participants failing to comply with these terms will be excluded completely from the competition.
Non-refundable registration fee of €25.00 (for up to two pieces)
PRIZES: Three prizes will be awarded
▪ 1st prize: Doris Winter Memorial Prize for innovation in material, technique and design to the amount of €5,000 donated by the Betty Barclay Group
▪ 2nd prize of €1,000 for talented young quilters under the age of 40
▪ 3rd prize of €1,000 for innovation in a large format (minimum 3 m², maximum 4 m²)
The winners will be selected by the jury. The jury reserves the right to withhold any of the prizes if none of the entries meets the respective requirements.
Download Prospectus: www.museumheidelberg.de/application_5th_European_Quilt-Triennial.pdf
Visit website: http://www.heidelberg.de/
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile