Deadline: 31 August 2011
Open to: all artists, national and international, working in all media.
SlowArt Productions presents the annual group thematic exhibition, A Show of Heads. The exhibition will be held at the Limner Gallery from November 3 – 27, 2011. Open to all artists working in any media, this exhibition will include all interpretations and portrayals of the human head, from the traditional to the abstract and conceptual. All visions of the The Head, including partial and multiple heads, will be reviewed and considered.
ELIGIBILITY AND RESTRICTIONS: The competition is open to all artists, national and international, working in all media. All forms of painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, graphics, digital and installation art, video, etc. are eligible. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to apply. Wall mounted works must not be taller than 72″ no wider than 120″. Sculptural work must fit through a 36″ wide entry door.
EXHIBITION AND AWARDS: Winning artists will be featured in a group exhibition at the Limner Gallery, November 3 – 27, 2011. The exhibition will also be displayed on the Limner Gallery web site. One artist will be awarded a two page display in Direct Art Volume #19, Fall 2012 issue. Two artists will be awarded a single page display. Direct Art is distributed to bookstores across the USA including Borders and Barnes and Noble. For more information on Direct Art view: http://www.slowart.com/about.htm
EXHIBITION TERMS: All works in the show must be for sale. The gallery will take a 30 percent commission on all sales. Sale price is determined by the artist.
ENTRY FEES: There is a $35.00 entry fee for one to four artworks entered, presentation is by digital JPG image files. There is a $5.00 fee for each additional artwork above four. Details of 2D artwork count as an additional artwork. Sculptors may provide one additional view per artwork without cost. Artists accepted to exhibit will not be charged additional fees of any kind. Payments by credit card at time of entry using PayPal, or check or money order payable to SlowArt Productions.
IMAGE USE / COPYRIGHTS: Artist retains all copyrights to submitted images and represented artwork. Digital images submitted with artist entry are for exhibition selection only and will be deleted after completion of the selection process. By entering the competition, artists selected to exhibit grant Limner Gallery rights to use the selected image(s) on printed materials and the gallery web site for promotional purposes only. Limner Gallery and/or SlowArt retain no copyrights to artists work.
NOTIFICATION: Artists will be notified of acceptance or non-acceptance no later than September 21, 2011. Results will be posted on or before this date at: http://www.slowart.com/results. Notification will be made via email and by posting on the results page. All artists who provide a working email address will be notified via email, if no email is provided, artists will be notified via postal mail only if accepted to exhibit. Type your email address clearly, if a mistake is made you will not be notified.
DEADLINE: The final entry deadline is August 31, 2011. Entries must be submitted via email by this date.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile