Deadline: 31 March 2012
Open to: designers (architects, engineers, designers, surveyors etc.), company/customers and distributors
1. SUBJECT PROMOTER
GranitiFiandre Spa, via Radici Nord 112, 42014 Castellarano (RE) Italy
2. TRADE NAME
ACTIVE ARCHITECTURE Award
3. DATE OF COMPETITION
From 24 October 2011 to 31 March 2012
The II Active Architecture Competition is an architectural competition aimed for all professionals and people working in the sector whom, by using eco-active and eco-sustainable materials Active Clean Air & Antibacterial Ceramic™ are committed to achieving a “green” building.
The competition’s registration is open to:
1. designers (architects, engineers, designers, surveyors etc.)
that present a project in the residential, public, industrial and commercial field and standard provides the use of Fiandre Active Clean Air & Antibacterial Ceramic™ materials, for floors and/or coverings.
It is possible to participate individually or as a group. In this last case, it is required to indicate the list of group components and the designated group leader. Each participant can present one or more works. It will be the responsibility of each participant to give consent for the use of the materials to be sent, both at the end of the competition, as well as the end of any following publications.
6. HOW TO ENTER
Fill in and send the following documents to register for the competition:
– completed and signed registration form;
– Brief description of the work indicating the motivation and criteria used a in the design choices (maximum 500 words or 3500 characters including spaces) to be presented in a Word document in English or Italian;
– technical project drawings (plans, elevations sections in .eps or .dwg format) that allow a complete valuation of the work from an architectural and functional standpoint, including any rendering;
– form, copy of work specification that foresees the use of Active Clean Air & Antibacterial Ceramic™ materials;
– photocopy of project leader’s ID;
– permission to use the images and consent for the privacy of the participant and of the owner/customer to publish the work.
The candidatures must send their participation request, together with the requested documentation, to
firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to GranitiFiandre Spa, Via Radici Nord, 112, 42014 Castellarano (RE) – Italy
In both cases indicate “Ref. architectural competition award ACTIVE ARCHITECTURE”.
The material must be received by and not after March, 31st 2012. For paper form materials posted the post mark date shall be proof of that. The material sent by post must be sent so as to avoid damage.
GranitiFiandre Spa will not be responsible for any damage that renders the material unusable.
7. USE OF SUBMISSIONS
– The material sent will not be returned.
– By means of the registration, the candidates authorise the organisers to use the received documents for promotional purposes and with the means considered most suitable, with the necessary indications of reference (work identification, designer, and location).
– It is the participant’s obligation to ensure the customer and/or owner of the work give consent for it’s and the relative materials use.
– The participants agree that the competition organisers can not be held responsible for such use. In each case, the organisers are exempt from any responsibility towards third parties.
– The participants can use the award/recognition received for promotional use, as long as used correctly.
– Unsuitable works or works that do not comply with regulations will not be admitted for the award
8. SELECTION BOARD
The Selection Board, called to choose the winner will be composed of:
Luca Drago – Architect, winner of the I edition of Active Architecture Award
Gino Malacarne – Headmaster of the “Aldo Rossi” Architecture Department of the University of Bologna
Ettore Mocchetti – Director of Architectural Digest
Matteo Nunziati – Designer
Gianfranco Sassi – Director of Key Account & Business Development GranitiFiandre
Graziano Verdi – President of AD GranitiFiandre.
Pierluigi Visci – Managing Director of Resto del Carlino,
The Selection Board will convene the second half of April 2012 and will report the first three ranked projects and their respective Authors, with the registered delivery letter or express courier and with the publication on the pages of Il Resto del Carlino, within mid May 2012. The judgement of the jury will be indisputable and final. All the activities of the jury, as well as the award ceremony, will be carried out in the presence of a
notary or an official of the Chamber of Commerce beforehand designated.
9. VALUATION CRITERIA
The selection board will assume the following valuation criteria
– work’s architectural composition
– originality of materials use, in both design layout as well as finishings
– using Active Clean Air & Antibacterial Ceramic materials™
– accurate and timely compilation of the work specifications, with colours and quantities of the Active Clean
Air & Antibacterial Ceramic™ materials selected.
The awards granted by the Selection Board will be binding and final.
The first award of each category (see point 5) will be awarded a Travelclub case for a value of € 4.000 to be used for a week stay at locations listed below (stay for two people at a 4/5 stay hotel, B&B or full board plus A/R flight):
– Troux aux Biches (Mauritius)
As well as the first award, in every category there will be two special mentions that will be awarded two Travelclub cases for a value of € 1.500 to be used for weekend in the European capitals (stay for two people in 3/4 star hotel, B&B treatment plus A/R flight).
The awards will be reported and awarded personally, or by specifically appointed person, during the official award ceremony which will occur in the first half of May 2012 at the Autodromo del Mugello during the Porte Aperte 2012 GranitiFiandre.
Awards not collected will be donated to Legambiente – Circolo di Reggio Emilia, via Terrachini 18, 42122 Reggio Emilia – Fiscal Code n. 91071570351.
11. PUBLICATION AND DISTRIBUTION OF COMPETITION REGULATION’S
The current regulations is published in its entirety on www.granitifiandre.com and www.floornature.com and on the Il Resto del Carlino website www.ilrestodelcarlino.it
12. RIGHTS AND USE OF DELIVERED SUBMISSIONS
GranitiFiandre and the Resto del Carlino reserves the right to freely publish or exhibit the projects received.
The Resto del Carlino will dedicate an editorial service at the awarding ceremony with particular emphasis to the awarded works.
13. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Participation in the competition implies, on behalf of each entrant, the complete awareness and acceptance of all terms and conditions. For what has not been foreseen the nationally recognised laws and customs apply. For any disputes, the court of jurisdiction is the one of the participant’s Country.
14. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data collected through the Competition’s registration will be recorded on GranitiFiandre Spa personal database, they will be owner and responsible for its processing. The user’s personal details will be used by the owner of the processing in accordance with the privacy protection laws established by Legislative Decree n. 196 of 30 June 2009 and of the other standards in force.
The organisers can not be held responsible for the postponement or cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances, nor for eventual misplacement, damages, delays or loss of any kind that can occur while submitting the documentation.
Non compliance with the terms and conditions set by the tender will result in exclusion.
16. ORGANISATIONAL REFERENCES AND INFORMATION
For information refer to:
GranitiFiandre Spa – via Radici Nord, 112 – 42014 Castellarano (RE) Italy
Marketing Dept. – tel. +39 0536 819611 – email@example.com
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile