Deadline: 16 October 2011
Open to: International
The following terms and conditions must be agreed upon in order to participate in the Aldo Leopardi “My Parade” video contest. By submitting a video entry into the Aldo Leopardi “My Parade” video contest, you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. Two grand prize winners will receive a brand new Apple iPad2: one iPad2 will be awarded to the most original and creative music video, and the second iPad2 will be awarded to the music video with the most views at the end of the contest. Four runners-up in the viewing category will each receive a Backslash Records Aldo Leopardi prize pack. Apple is not a sponsor of, nor is responsible for conducting this promotion.
Entries must meet the following eligibility criteria. Entries which do not fulfill the criteria will be rejected. Aldo Leopardi and/or Backslash Records shall make the absolute, sole and complete determination of whether any particular entry, or entrant fulfills the criteria. Any rejection by Aldo Leopardi and/or Backslash Records, of any particular entry, or entrant, shall be final. Entry to the competition is open to World.
Entries will not be accepted from Backslash Record’s partners, sponsors and other agencies associated with the competition.
To enter the competition, you must:
Produce a video for the Aldo Leopardi track “My Parade” from the Villains & Heroes CD, demonstrating what the song means to you or how the song relates to your own “parade.” If you do not already own the song “My Parade,” the track is available for purchase on AldoLeopardi.com or on iTunes. Lyrics can be found on AldoLeopardi.com.
Submit your video by uploading to YouTube and then posting the YouTube link on Aldo Leopardi’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/AldoLeopardiMusic. In order for your video to officially be considered – you must post the YouTube link onto Aldo’s Facebook page!
The competition opens on Monday, August 15, 2011, and entries will be accepted up until midnight PST on Sunday, October 16, 2011. Any entries received after the closing time, including delayed or misdirected entries, or entries that are not received due to server function or technical difficulties, will not be accepted.
Aldo Leopardi will personally choose the winner of the iPad2 in the category of most original and creative video. The Top 5 videos will be comprised of those videos with the most views as of Monday, October 31st at 12:00 pm PST. Aldo, in his absolute, sole and complete discretion, will also pick his favorite submission from out of the Top 5 videos. You may submit numerous entries into the competition, however only one entry per entrant is eligible to be shortlisted and placed into the Top 5.
Selection of the winners of the iPad2 prizes will be in accordance with the selection process specified herein. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the judging criteria and scoring. Selection of shortlisted entries is based on video views and shall be at the absolute, sole and complete discretion of Backslash Records.
You agree to release, and hold Backslash Records and agencies associated with the competition harmless, from any and all claims of any kind or nature, actions, or liabilities, in any manner or description, arising out of your involvement in the competition.
You represent and warrant that:
Your entry is an original work and has not been previously communicated to the public.
Any images used are accompanied with appropriate licenses, permissions and clearances enabling Backslash Records and its licensees to publish, broadcast, communicate and distribute the video content in all media formats.
You own and control all of the rights to the video content or you otherwise have the lawful right to distribute such content.
You understand and grant permission to Backslash Records to allow select video footage to be incorporated into the official video for “My Parade.”
The video content is accurate and not misleading.
The video does not contain any obscene, defamatory, inappropriate or unlawful material.
The use and posting or other transmission of the video content will not violate the rights of any person or entity.
You agree to indemnify and hold Backslash Records and its authorized licensees harmless for any breach of these warranties, including any and all reasonable attorneys fees associated with the breach of any of the warranties contained herein.
You agree to grant Backslash Records a non-exclusive, perpetual license without cost to use, exploit and otherwise exercise all rights comprised in the copyright in the video content throughout the world in any media, including the right to sublicense to others at our discretion, and you further agree to waive any and all performance fees associated with the use of any video submitted.
Backslash Records has absolute, sole and complete discretion to remove, screen or edit without notice any content posted or stored on the Site at any time and for any reason. Any such decision by Backslash Records to remove, screen or edit the content shall be final.
You consent unconditionally and irrevocably, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to any and all acts or omissions, past, present and future, of Backslash Records with respect to the video content which would, but for this consent, infringe any of your moral rights (as defined in the Copyright Amendment (Moral Rights) Act 2000) in respect of the video content.
Backslash Records takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted, stored or uploaded on YouTube, nor is Backslash Records liable for any mistakes, defamation, omissions, falsehoods, or obscenity in relation to the content.
Backslash Records reserves the right in its absolute sole and complete discretion to amend applicable voting scores or disqualify: any entries that Backslash Records considers manipulative, unrepresentative, or disproportionate; or any entries who corrupt or affect, or attempt to corrupt or affect, the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the selection process.
The winner is responsible for any taxes associated with receipt of the Prize. Prize includes standard rate shipping to the verified winner’s preferred address. No prize substitutions allowed. The Prize winner is responsible for all fees and taxes involved with the use of the Prize, such as, but not limited to carrier charges, setup fees, data and voice usage fees, cancellation charges, legal fees, etc.
By entering this competition, you subscribe to receive online updates and communications from Backslash Records concerning the competition as well as recording artist Aldo Leopardi.
Backslash Records reserves the right to change or modify any of these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon their posting on AldoLeopardimusic.com.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile