amberFestival is interested in interactive installations that explore the theme of “NEXT ECOLOGY” in today’s world.
We see the theme as a tool to think and work with, and the festival as an opportunity to raise an artistic voice. You alone will define that voice.
The works selected among the applications to this international call, will be exhibited at amber’11 Art and Technology Festival. We also encourage outdoor interactive installations, performances.
The third international amberConference will be held in conjunction with the amber’11 Art and Technology Festival, on 10-13 November 2011 in Istanbul, Turkey. The aims and scope of this conference are to create a platform of discussion and dissemination for the various themes and topics in which Science, Art and Technology converge.
The theme for this year’s event is ‘Next Ecology’. With the theme title Next Ecology, amberConference 2011 calls on researchers and artists to interpret the life forms, production and consumption patterns and politics of Next Ecology from the vantage point of science, technology and arts. For more please click the theme link above.
· Up to 500 word abstract to be submitted by 10th of August 2011 on http://submissions.amberplatform.org
· Notification of acceptance 20th of August 2011
· Registration deadline 10th of October 2011
· Deadline for final revised paper submission 20th of October 2011
· Conference panels 12th and 13th of November 2011
international student : 60 Euro
local student : 60 TL
international non-student : 100 Euro
local non-student : 100 TL
The conference will be held in English.
New technologies are far more important then ever before not only as a tool but primarily as a framework. By means of new technologies and with increasing acceleration we have changed the world in which we live in: we changed nature, we changed our environments, we changed our bodies. We have created a new and global habitat, which is different from where we started. On the one hand, we cannot return to the starting point where no technology rules. On the other hand, the current situation is not sustainable neither socially nor environmentally.
We have changed our environments and ourselves, but we have not understood the change that we have caused nor have we acknowledged the overall results and effects of these changes. Today we need to reconsider all the paradigms we rely on: nature, bodies, economics, politics, environment, and communication to name a few. In sum, we need a new framework.
The abnormal natural disasters, the global social problems, the antagonism between the consumption economy and energy resources, the revolutionary movements in Middle East and many other places on Earth designate the un-sustainability of the current stand and the need for a change. Examples such as these point to one thing: we must have a new conceptualization of ecology as the environment that we live in, which does not exist without today’s technology.
Taking ecology as a conceptual framework, which entails the relationships of the natural and artificial environments of mankind, we believe that we need a new holistic ecology which internalizes the transformative power and possibilities of technology and covers all aspects of possible relations among the living and non-living surroundings, from politics to love, from environments to health, from economics to media. We call this framework Next Ecology.
With the theme title Next Ecology, amber’11 calls on artists to interpret the life forms, production and consumption patterns and politics of Next Ecology from the vantage point of arts and technology.
amberFestival is running as an annual festival since 2007. It is the only event of its kind in Turkey since it’s inception. amberFestival takes places in İstanbul, in the second week of November. amberFestival mainly consist for four sections which are the exhibition of interactive installations, stage performances, workshops and artist presentations. We hosted more than 200 artists and researchers with their works in the last four years.
amberFestival is a thematic festival with a different theme in the field of art and technology, which we like to create an open platform for discussions and exchange every year. The themes of the amberFestival since 2007 respectively were “Voice and Survival”, “Interpassive Persona”, “Uncyborgable?” and “Datacity”.
amber Art and Technology Platform project is supported by İstanbul 2010 ECC Agency between 2008 and 2010.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site: http://www.amberfestival.org/
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile