In order to participate, contestants must design an item of furniture (seat or table) that contemplates all the specifications outlined by Andreu World, SA in the product Briefing and which resolves the accompanying technical and formal challenges in the terms indicated.
Conditions and Briefing
Students or design professionals interested in participating can consult the Conditions and the Briefing via the Rules menu, or download the same from Downloads.
Following registration, a personal file is created for each Contestant. This file serves to identify the Contestant in the Contest Website during this year’s Contest and future editions.
Participants may only register themselves via the registration form available in the Contest website. Participants may register only once. Registration is not transferable.
New participants may register by completing the form available via the Inscription menu in the website. Following registration, participants will be sent an email with a link to validate the registration.
Once registered, participants can identify themselves in the website using their personal password in order to consult and modify their personal data in the Personal Data section within the Inscription menu.
Participants may complete the Registration process for the Andreu World International Design Contest once they have obtained a “participant number”. Once you have identified yourself in the website, you can consult and request your “participant numbers” (for example: 20110001) in the Participant numbers section within the Inscription menu.
Each participant must request a “participant number” for each project presented. You can request as many “participant numbers” as are necessary.
Any designs which are not accompanied by the corresponding “participant number” as issued via the Andreu World, SA, website will be excluded from the Andreu World International Design Contest.
Any designs which are received accompanied by numbers which are not present Andreu World, SA database will also be excluded.
The inclusion of any personal information in the documentation submitted during the competition will also be reason for exclusion.
All material submitted (models, technical reports, affidavits, CDs and the packaging, or other material relevant to the project) must be identified with the assigned “participant number”.
The following material must be submitted by each participant:
– A prototype of the proposed piece (scale 1:5)
– A project synopsis, to be presented on 2 to 4 double-space, single-face A4 typewritten pages. (8 ½ inches x 11 inches for projects sent from United States of America).
– CD with plans, diagrams, sketches, etc.
– Duly signed affidavit.
Particular consideration will be given to innovative contributions (based on a feasibility study), which help to increase the product quality. The following factors will be analyzed: Production costs, compliance with the intended functions and ergonomics. Designs must be submitted in such a manner as to facilitate their mechanized mass production.
All products must be original, i.e., they must not reflect previous designs.
All documentation must sent to Andreu World, SA,
C / Los Sauces, 7 Urb Olimar
46370 Chiva – Valencia
or PO box Nº 127, C.P. 46370
by post or messenger service, or by delivering the project by hand to our offices,
before 12 September 2011.
Projects sent from the United States can be sent to the following address:
Andreu World America
Chicago Merchandise Mart
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza
Chicago, Illinois 60654
Showroom 10-132 – 10th Floor,
before 5 September 2011
The following prizes will be awarded:
–1st and 2nd prizes of 3000 Euros and 1000 Euros, respectively, will be awarded by a jury composed of professionals from different sectors: Design, Industry, Media and other fields related to creative activities.
The jury will also award up to a maximum of 4, non-monetary, special mentions.
The awards ceremony will be held on 20 September at the Andreu World Stand at the 2011 Valencia Habitat Fair.
The awards may be declared vacant upon the decision of the majority (half plus one) of the members of the Professional Jury.
All projects submitted and which comply with the criteria that Andreu World, SA subsequently considers appropriate for production will remain the property of Andreu World, SA, who will compensate the designers with appropriate royalties according to the company’s internal standard.
Andreu World, S.A. will also retain possession of the projects submitted by the winners of the first and second prizes, and in relation to which Andreu World S.A. assumes no commitment for the production of the same.
Andreu World, SA will hold preferential rights to possible negotiations related to any of the works received and may include the same in advertising material related to the competition as it deems opportune.
Together with their work, the designers will present a duly signed affidavit reflecting their personal data, participant number and accompanied by the following text:
“In the event of my winning one of the prizes or special mentions awarded, or if ANDREU WORLD, SA considers that my work complies with the criteria that ANDREU WORLD, SA deems appropriate for its production, by means of this communication I transfer the ownership of my work to ANDREU WORLD, SA, which reserves all rights related to the same, including those of reproduction or publication, for a period established by Spanish law, in exchange for payment of royalties in accordance with the company’s internal standard and with an option to renew the contract after the expiry of the above-mentioned legal period”.
Any works received without any accompanying signed affidavit, as well as those which are not accompanied by the personal data and participant number mentioned above, will be rejected.
The designers of the works submitted will be responsible before any claims made in relation to the authorship of the designs and possible cases of plagiarism related to the same.
Andreu World, S.A. assumes no responsibility for any delays or losses related to the projects sent, nor to the condition of the same following the treatment received during transportation.
Retreat of projects
The works submitted may be withdrawn by their authors as of 17 October 2011 and until 16 December 2011 from the Andreu World SA premises.
C / Los Sauces, 7 Urb Olimar
46370 Chiva – Valencia
or PO box Nº 127, C.P. 46370
To do so, participants must provide Andreu World SA, with 48 hours advance notice in order that the works may be packed for transport.
Andreu World, S.A. will accept no responsibility for any damage occasioned to the works during their return.
Following the expiry of the deadline for the collection of the projects, the participants will be understood to have waived their right to recover the same and Andreu World, S.A. will be at liberty to proceed with them as it sees fit.
Participation in the Andreu World International Design Contest implies full acceptance of these conditions.
A breach of any of these conditions by a participant will give rise to the exclusion of the corresponding design from the Andreu World International Design Contest.
more information: http://concurso.andreuworld.com/en
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile