Deadline: September 15th 2011
Eligibility: Application for the artist in residence stays is internationally open. No age limit intended. Kids with parent(s) welcome (if room is disponible).
You can apply for:
– VISUAL ART
In this line applications for a writer in residence stay for the different fields of writing (novel, lyrics, audio drama, theater, experiment etc.) are accepted.
– EXPERIMENTAL COMPOSING in MUSIC
In this line applications for a composer in residence stay (experimental music composition) are accepted.
(You can apply for two different lines if you will but you have to submit two different stand alone applications then.)
Guiding principle of Kuenstlerdorf Schoeppingen Foundation is to support writers, visual artists, artists in the field of new media and and interdisciplinary projects as well as composers by the way of artist in residence stays in the Foundation Kuenstlerdorf Schoeppingen (NRW, Germany) accomodation.
These stays go along with monthly stipends and can last as long as four months in total. The fellows can work highly focused during this period of time in the Foundation Kuenstlerdorf Schoeppingen (NRW, Germany) studios, apartments and flats on their respective art, book or score projects. With in total 14 fellows being on site at the same time and coming from different sectors of work a comprehensive and inspired exchange of ideas takes place. Application for the artist in residence stays is internationally open. There is no limit of age existent.
Last date for applications is the 15th of the month of September of the current year to compete for the artist in residence stays of the year to follow.
Recently a line of new artist in residence scholarships (KWW) dealing with projects in the intersection of art, science and economy was started. The date to apply for these KWW-stipends is advertised separately.
Schoeppingen is located in the region of Western Muensterland (Germany, North Rhine Westphalia), between the cities of Muenster and Enschede (NL).
Grants: Grants for visual arts, new media art, interdisciplinary projects, literature and composition will be awarded each year. Different juries of experts decide on the incoming applications. Deadline for applications is 15th of September of the current year. All necessary information will appear some weeks before this term on our website.
The monthly stipend amounts to 1025,- Euros. An amount for the operating expenses of the apartments or studios of about 100,- to 200,- Euros has to be payed of this. There is an obligation to spend the artist in residence stay on place.
Projects: The artists village offers an open platform for collaboration between artists. There is a vivid care for both national and international networks and relations. Foundation Kuenstlerdorf Schoeppingen sees itself as both a refuge for the fellows to spend quality time on their work and valuable exchange with others and as an artistic and project laboratory that is always setting and tracking new and hitherto unseen ideas and projects.
Facilities: The studios and apartments of the artist village Schöppingen are in two completely renovated farmhouses dating from the early 19th century. A total of eight apartments for authors and new media artists and six studios for visual artists is available. There are a gallery space and a wood/metall workshop disponible.
Founders are NRW Stiftung Natur-Heimat-Kultur, the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, the District of Borken, the Community of Schoeppingen and the Friends of the Foundation Kuenstlerdorf Schöppingen Society.
Grant donors in the Foundation Kuenstlerdorf Schoeppingen are the Kunststiftung NRW, the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, the Regional Authority of the Rhineland and the Foundation Kuenstlerdorf Schoeppingen itself.
Stiftung Künstlerdorf Schöppingen
D- 48620 Schöppingen
phone +49 2555 93810
fax +49 2555 938120
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site: http://www.stiftung-kuenstlerdorf.de/english.html
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile