Deadline: 20 October 2011
Open to: young talents worldwide
1st prize of 10,000 €
Participating designers will have to submit by 20th October 2011
a piece of their own work inspired by the 2011 theme:
This involves a box of any shape, of minimum dimensions not less than 10 cm x 10 cm, and maximum of not more than 30 cm x 30 cm. These should be unique pieces and signed by their creators. Entries should be first and foremost functional, as well as artistic and aesthetically pleasing, and preferably progressive and environmentally aware. No purely conceptual work will be considered for the exhibition. Works in all techniques, glass, metal, plastic, ceramics, and composite materials will be considered.
The winners will be decided by a jury composed of some of the leading lights of the design world such as previous years’ members Artzept’s art director Gordana Biba Markovic, art historian and critic, Professor Borek Sipek architect and designer and art director Carlo Magnoli.
The winners shall receive:
- 1st prize: 10,000 €
- 2nd prize: 4,000 € worth of Zepter products
- 3rd prize: 3,000 € worth of Zepter products
The award ceremony will take place in Milan, Italy in 2011.
The participating exhibits will be exposed in a travelling exhibition organised by Zepter International, which will visit major cities around the world, and will be featured in an exhibition catalogue.
Please send your exhibits by 20th october 2011 to:
ZEPTER INTERNATIONAL Brid Marketing – ARTZEPT “BOX FOR EVERYTHING & NOTHING” 2011
via Sibilla Aleramo, 13 – 20092 Cinisello Balsamo (MI) – Italy
Artzept is an international design competition founded by Mrs. Madlena Zepter. Artzept gives the world’s most talented young designers well-deserved recognition, with prizes and publicity, and also provides them with opportunity to exhibit their work in luxurious Zepter shops throughout Europe, a dream for any young interior designer. Just like its mighty sponsor Zepter International, Artzept is also dedicated to building the home of tomorrow, for the people of tomorrow. Zepter International accomplishes this goal by producing top-class domestic appliances that are designed to improve the health and environmental awareness of people today.
ARTZEPT HAS THE SAME MISSION BUT IN THE FIELD OF ARTISTIC DESIGN, AS A UNIFICATION OF BUSINESS AND ART, OF RATIONALITY AND EMOTION, AND OF FUNCTION AND MEANING.
CONDITIONS FOR ENTERING
- Each designer and artist is expected to submit the following:
- “BOX FOR EVERYTHING & NOTHING”, which involves a box of any shape, of minimum dimensions not less than 10 cm x 10 cm, and maximum of not more than 30 cm x 30 cm. These should be unique pieces and signed by their creators. Entries should be first and foremost functional, as well as artistic and aesthetically pleasing, and preferably progressive and environmentally aware. No purely conceptual work will be considered for the exhibition.
- Works in all techniques, glass, metal, plastic, ceramics, and composite materials will be considered.
- Each designer or artist can submit one entry only.
- A completed application form (downloadable from http://www.artzept.com). If handwritten, it should be legible and in block capitals; alternatively, it can be typed and signed by hand.
- A typed biography with all the relevant data and a brief description of the exhibits, containing their main technical and technological features.
- Printed colour photographs and/or CD ROM of the exhibit; 13 x 18 cm or larger (preferably high resolution).
All the above-listed materials, including the exhibits, should be received by 20th October 2011, at the latest, at the following address:
ZEPTER INTERNATIONAL BRID MARKETING
ARTZEPT 2011 “Box for everything & nothing”
via Sibilla Aleramo 13
20092 Cinisello Balsamo, Milan, Italy
- Works that arrive after the specified date will not be considered for the exhibition.
- The organiser accepts no responsibility in the event of damage or loss during transport prior to the arrival of the works at the aforementioned address.
- Zepter International will cover the insurance for the works during the exhibition. Only the First Prize winner will be invited to attend the award ceremony. Zepter International reserves the right to change the date and location of the award ceremony at any time and without notice.
- The Artzept prizes will be awarded to the name(s) that appear on the application form for the winning work. Only the First Prize winner will be invited to attend the award ceremony. Zepter International reserves the right to change the date and location of the award ceremony at any time and without notice.
- Any damage that might occur will be examined by a committee and the report will be sent to the artist.
- Given the insurance costs, no exhibit whose worth exceeds 400 € will be considered for the exhibition.
- Upon receiving the works, the curator of the exhibition will select the exhibits and the Zepter International Design Award Jury Committee will decide the awards. No cash alternative is available in lieu of the stated 2nd and 3rd prizes. All awarded exhibits become property of Zepter International.
- Selected and winning entries will be presented at the exhibitions that will be held in Zepter shops and art galleries in major European cities during the year 2011 – 2012. The organiser will cover the costs of all consecutive exhibitions, including delicate transportation, insurance, and organisation of exhibitions.
- The organiser reserves the right to change the timing sequence of the exhibitions, depending on the availability of the exhibition venues.
- The results of the Zepter International Jury and the names of the winning artists will be published in Zepter’s reviews, and in specialised magazines which will be sent to all Zepter International customers in the countries in which the exhibitions are held – more than one million addresses. The names of the entrants will be taken from the application form, therefore it is the entrants’ responsibility to ensure that the name is clearly legible.
- None of the selected and exhibited works may be withdrawn from the exhibition before the closing date.
- Reproductions of the works will be used by the organisers for publicity and for the catalogue; the artists will waive their rights to a fee for the above-mentioned.
- Each exhibitor will be represented in the catalogue with reproductions of the exhibited works.
- Each exhibitor is entitled to one free catalogue.
- By signing the application form for participating in the ARTZEPT 2011 “BOX FOR EVERYTHING & NOTHING” exhibitions, the designer complies with all the above-mentioned regulations. On the application form the author shall state whether he or she wishes to donate his or her work to the organiser, or whether he or she wishes it to be returned to him or her.
We wish you success in the competition.
Zepter International will do everything possible to take this concept to a global level by presenting the Artzept exhibition in major European cities, with a new theme every year.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile