Deadline: 19 October 2011
Open to: artists of all nationalities are welcome to apply with a basic knowledge of English.
Art in nature residency is located in a green valley at Mahagaon,120 kilometers from Mumbai, nestled in the small hills with several tribal villages surrounding it.
The site has lot of natural stone and waste wood.
This rock is not difficult to cut and there is lot of cut stone available in this region too.Apart from this other natural materials like bamboo,and wood from dead trees can be found.
The major occupation of the people living in this region is farming and brick making from the red soil that is available locally.
The site is going to have two water bodies from the rainwater that is trapped and collected.
There will be visitors and nature lovers visiting this location through out the year.
The artists applying for this residency are expected to conceptualize their work keeping in mind the availability of these natural materials and creating a project that will enhance the aesthetic value of the place with their input.
We want the work to be a part of the environment and so would like as much as possible to work with the local materials.
The purpose of the residency is to create a common platform for artists from different geographical and cultural backgrounds to converge and create an art centric environment through these intercultural exchanges.Artists of all nationalities are welcome to apply with a basic knowledge of English.
Four International and three Indian artists will be selected for this three week long residency.
Artists will be expected to conduct small workshops of two hours once a week with the local villagers or the visitors from the city who come to see the work in progress.
Dates of the residency:
Mid November to first week of December.
All the International artists will receive $1200 towards their return flight tickets and a remuneration of $600each.The Indian artists will receive an honorarium of Rs 30,000/-.
Accommodation-All the artists will be provided with a very descent and comfortable accommodation 5mins.from the working site.Home cooked meals will be provided.
Artists are expected to send:
All the material should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 20th.of October.
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile