Deadline: 30 September 2011
Open to: international, to miniature artists
For the first time, the Budapest-based non-profit cultural organisation, Igor Metropol will take part in Hungary’s upcoming emerging art fair Art Market Budapest (for further information about the event, please check their website: http://www.artmarketbudapest.hu/) As a non-profit organisation we intent to present alternative strategies of artistic production and exhibiting practises within an art fair.
We are calling international artists to participate in this project, which focuses on miniature art. The proposed artwork can deal with any topic and be realized with any technique, but its size shouldn`t exceed the measures 10 x 10 cm, alternatively 10 x 10 x 10 cm for three-dimensional artworks.
Please fill in the application form, which contains the details of the proposed artwork and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application form is attached and can be downloaded at our website www.igormetropol.org Please fill a separate form for each proposed artwork, but only submit your CV once. Please apply with already existing artworks.
Important: As this is a for sale exhibition, please name the price of sale of the proposed artworks. To cover the costs connected with the participation on the Art Fair, 30% of the sum will go to Igor Metropol. (Please feel free to contact us in advance for any questions, also regarding the prices to have a similar price level for the show)
The selection of the exhibited artworks will be assembled by a professional jury, consisting of the representatives of Igor Metropol and UAA! Associations. After the selection of the artworks, we kindly ask you to send us your artwork via mail to Budapest. The artist carries the costs for mailing their work to Budapest, Igor Metropol covers the costs for shipping back in case the artwork might not have been sold.
You can submit your proposal until the 30th of September (deadline for applications), but we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Igor Metropol will inform you about their decision until the 5th October. Latest until October 13th, the artworks have to arrive in Budapest via mail. Art Market Budapest opens on October 26th, where every artist is very welcome to join.
UAA! (Association of Anonymous Artists, Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina, http://www.uaa.rs.ba/)
is initiator and organizer of the International Biennial of Miniature Art in Banja Luka since 2008, they will be included in the selection process for the participating artists, as well as promoting the project through their network.
Kulturalis LABOR Szocialis Szövetkezet (Cultural LABOR Social Cooperation, Pécs, Hungary, http://lab.org.hu/)
supports us with their experience for extraordinary spaces and creates a unique site for presenting art.
IGOR METROPOL is a non-profit organization located in Budapest, founded in 2011 by people from different creative sectors. Our aim is to foster the visibility of contemporary culture from Hungary abroad and to strengthen international relations between Budapest and REST-EUROPE. Working project based our interests range from contemporary pop/electronic MUSIC to fine ARTS and pop-cultural PHENOMENA in general. Through openness and collaborative creativities we intend to cross the boundaries between producer and audience of various artefacts and cultural products.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions according the call for further information or instructions.
Project manager: Katja Melzer and Nóra Lukács
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile