Media and video artists from all over the world are invited to send videos for the fourthly edition of Facade Video Festival that will be held in Plovdiv between 11 and 15 September 2013. Facade Video Festival is an annual video art exhibition where videos are projected onto the walls of houses both in the old town of Plovdiv and in the neighborhoods. Facade Video Festival aims to create an interface between viewers and artists, between visual arts and the city. There are no restrictions concerning the theme. DEADLINE: APRIL 30, 2013
ELIGIBILITY. Any author can participate with max. 3 videos. Videos submitted must belong to the category of video art. They should have been finalized after 1 January 2010, come in as a single-channel version and be copyright controlled by the artist.
THE EVENT WILL BE JURIED. A jury will award the best video with a one-month-residency during 2014 (including travel costs, 1000 Euro – allowance) in the Art Today lab for creating a site specific video art project which will be shown at the Facade Video Festival in 2014.
NOTIFICATION OF JURY RESULTS. Everyone who enters the festival can check the results uploaded on the festival’s website after 30 June 2013.
DATE OF THE FESTIVAL. The festival is an annual event, taking place in September of each year.
All submissions should include:
ARTWORK. Videos should be submitted on DVD video (pal); any other format will be rejected. The length of videos must not surpass 15 minutes. The quality of the videos must be good enough for a public screening, a size of 720x576px is recommended. Works submitted in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
In addition, we expect a short biography of the artist (50 to 100 words) as well as a brief description of the submitted video by e-mail email@example.com. Please attach 3 still images of the work in jpg with a resolution of not less than 800x600px.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE. Entries must arrive at the Facade Video Festival address until 30 April 2013 . Facade Video Festival does not take responsibility of shipment delays. Submissions that arrive after the deadline will not be considered.
SHIPPING. On the envelope of submissions from outside Bulgaria should be written: “No commercial value.”. Facade Video Festival will not bear any customs dues or other duties for mislabeled or incorrectly shipped submissions. Facade Video Festival is not responsible for any loss or damage during the shipment.
Submitted works won’t be returned and will be stored in the festival’s archive that will be accessible for the public. The participant’s signature on the entry form automatically agrees with the terms of the present call. It also certifies that the entrant is the legal owner of the work.
SEND YOUR VIDEO ON DVD FORMAT AND ENTRY FORM TO:
Facade Video Festival, Art Today Association, 36 Konstantin Stoilov Street, 4000 Plovdiv, Bulgaria
MORE INFORMATION: http://www.facade.arttoday.org/en/2012
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile