Deadline: 31 October 2011
Each year, Can Serrat offers a limited number of Support Stipends to visual artists and writers. The stipends cover 40% of the total cost (food, lodging and workspace) of stays lasting from 30-90 days(the stipend cannot be combined with discounts mentioned in the pricelist).
Visual Artists Support Stipend
Each recipient may choose a 30-90 day time slot within a year from the original notification (assuming space is available at that time).
During their stay at Can Serrat, each artist is asked to give an informal lecture concerning their work, open to the public in general. Each artist is asked to leave one piece of work made during the residency period as a donation to Can Serrat’s permanent collection.
Deadline for Applications
Applications are accepted at the same time as the full-stipend calls. We accept materials from Visual Artists during April 1-30, and from October 1-31st. Applicants for the full stipend are automatically considered for a partial stipend. Applications are accepted solely by email.
Applications must include all of the following; incomplete applications will not be processed:
• A cover letter introducing yourself and outlining your reasons for wanting to come to Can Serrat.
• Visual documentation of recent work (5-8 images in JPEG format, or as a PDF).
• A short summary of the project/work planned for the residency period.
• Please e-mail applications to the e-mail address below.
Note there is no official application form.
To confirm the residency with support stipend, the artist needs to pay a non refundable deposit of 300,00 EUR + 20,00 EUR bank fee = 320,00 EUR, which will of course be deducted from the invoice to be paid upon arrival.
Support Stipends discounts are applied on current year pricelist of booked residency time slot.
Can Serrat International Art Center
Masia Can Serrat
08294 El Bruc Spain
tel: (34) 937 710 037
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile