Deadline: 30 November 2011
CDA-Projects Grant is accepting applications to support the production of artistic research projects aimed at critical knowledge production with a transdisciplinary approach.
CDA-Projects will also support a publication after the completion of the project, which will reflect the research and production process. The publication will be completed in the following six months and launched in December 2012.
The grant aims at supporting and opening up the discussions on artistic research to an expanded network through an open call. It encourages innovative approaches to how discourse is staged and how knowledge is produced, rethought and interwoven across disciplines. Without any limitations on the content, the proposed inquiries are expected to suggest new forms and methodologies, by reflecting on contexts and conditions of the knowledge produced.
Applicants can submit an artistic research project that is currently in the production stage or one that is scheduled to be completed during the six-month period following the date of selection.
Prizes: 10,000 Euros will be awarded based on the decision of an international jury for the selected project to be completed by July 2012.
Deadline for Applications: November 30th, 2011
Announcement of the results: December 31st, 2011
Completion of the project: June 30th, 2012
Book launch: December 31st, 2012
CDA-Projects will also support a publication after the completion of the project that brings together discussions on artistic research undertaken, including types of questions raised, speculative analysis and the final outcome. The publication will be prepared by CDA-Projects in cooperation with the grantee.
How do you apply?
Please send the documents below to email@example.com
All the submitted documents should be in English.
– Project proposal (maximum 500 words explaining your approach to artistic research, aims and motivations of the research to be carried and the expected outcome)
– Curriculum Vitae
– Portfolio in PDF format
– Time based media should be submitted in low resolution format via upload and the link should be provided (Not larger than 350MB). If the resolution is important, you can send a DVD with excerpts up to 30 minutes to the address below:
Istiklal Cad. Misir Apt. No:163 K.3 D.5
Beyoglu / Istanbul,
Project selection shall be made by comparing the proposals presented in accordance with the following assessment criteria:
– Ability to speculate on what knowledge is and suggest new forms of knowledge production
– Ability to articulate an innovative methodology and form in relation to the content
– Ability to consider artistic problems from a theoretical viewpoint
– Ability to articulate a trandisciplinary approach; creating cooperation among different fields.
– Project feasibility according to the complementary documents provided
– Ability to create new technological assemblages and to work innovatively with technology, which does not have to be necessarily high-tech.
The invited jury member are Hito Steyerl, Anton Vidokle and Pauline J. Yao. İz Öztat will take part in the jury as the project manager of the CDA-Projects Grant for Artistic Research and Production.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile