Deadline: 11 Septmber 2011
Open to: All photographers, professional, non professional or amateurs, and students, from every country in the world are eligible to participate.
Only colour images are accepted. The theme is open and all kind of works, including digital manipulation and mixed techniques will be welcome.
Selected images will be featured online and published in the book; Colour, Colour, Colour
There’s no limitation regarding the date your images were taken. Previously awarded images by WPGA or another organizations are welcome.
Best image, the book cover and $500
Runner up, the back cover and $300
All images accepted for the book will be published online
No entry fee will be charged for the first screening.
Are free for the first judging stage, a fee is payable if your work is included in the second judging stage.
Only online submissions are accepted.
There’s neither minimum nor maximum of images to be submitted.
In case your work is published in the book you should be able to provide images of at least 10” x 8” at 300 dpi.
Judging and Fees
Judging will be in two stages, the first to choose the images that will go on to the second stage. The second stage will decide which images go into the book and those images will be subject to a fee payable by the photographer; $15 each for the first three images and $10 each for subsequent images.
Notifications of the first screening will be sent out on within 7 days of reception of your work. (Jurors of the first screening: WPGA Artistic and Editorial Team)
Notifications of the final result of the second judging stage will be sent out in the forst week of August. (Juror of the Second and final screening: Julio Hardy, Executive Director of WPGA)
Every photographer who submits work that is rejected will receive a brief explanation by email.
Fees may be paid by PayPal by credit/debit card through PayPal or by bank wire. Artists with accepted images in the first screening will receive a invoice to settle the entry fees and enter the final judging round.
The book will be published and on sale on or before the end of October 2011. Price; $79 for the hardback edition and $59 for the paperback, plus S&H. Being featured in the book is at no cost, and purchase is optional.
Septmber 11th, 2011 at 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time
Remains solely with the photographer, any approaches made by a third party to WPGA for the use of any image in the book or on the website will be referred to the photographer immediately.
Participants warrant that their photographs may be reproduced for the purpose of marketing and promoting WPGA contests, in catalogues, posters, postcards, publications, and on the Internet. Such use is granted for not more than two years after the announcement of the awards, and without payment to the photographer or featured models. Photographers will receive photo credits with each use, and will allow WPGA to sub-license their photographs to the press for reproduction in connection with the contest and WPGA exhibitions.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile