Deadline: 10 January 2012
Open to: international
CROMA International Animation Contest 2012 is promoted as part of CROMAfest, this is a new platform dedicated to animation, visual effects and video games based in Mexico City.
The main goal is to stimulate the local industry, working as a forum to exchange knowledge and ideas as well as providing a link with the internationalmarket.
The objective of the first international CROMAfest Animation and Visual Effects Contest is to encourage and spread the production of Animated Shorts and Visual Effects used in the Mexican advertising industry.
Independent local and international animators, collectives and producers can sign up for the contest as long as they hold copyrights on the works submitted.
Only one work per animator, collective, or producer will be entered.
Animated shortfilms entered must have been completed after January 2010.
Shorts will not exceed ten minutes duration.
Any animation technique will be accepted for short films.
Works in a foreign language must be submitted with subtitles in Spanish.
The Jury will have an expert panel of personalities from the digital and movie industry as well as a representative from the Festival. Their decision will be final. The names of the judges will be public through the festival’s web page in January 2012.
The CROMAfest Team has established 2 prizes: one for a local participant, another one for an international contestant. The Animation category’s international winner will be invited to Mexico for the CROMAfest to present his work in public.
The local winner will be invited to Segovia, Spain, in October 2012 to present his work during the Mercado Internacional
3d wire, dedicated to the Animation industry (http://www.3dwire.es/)
In case the winner is a collective or a producer, they willneed to appoint a representative to attend the events. Independent local and international animators, collectives and producers can sign up for the contest as long as they hold copyrights on the works submitted. Only one work per animator, collective, or producer will be entered. Animated shortfilms entered must have been completedafter January 2010. Shorts will not exceed ten minutes duration. Any animation technique will be accepted for short films. Works in a foreign language must be submitted with subtitles in Spanish. The Jury will have an expert panel of personalities from the digital and movie industry as well as a representative from the Festival. Their decision will be final. The names of the judges will be public through the festival’s web page in January 2012.
Visual Effects for Advertising Category ( Mexican productions only)
Independent artists as well as local producers legally established can sign up for the contest as long as they hold copyrights on the works submitted or have legal written consent from the creative agency and/or brand for which it was made. The advertising pieces submitted to contest cannot last less than 30 seconds nor more than 3 minutes. They must use some sort of Visual Effects technique and must have been run in any electronic media from January 2010 to date. Participants must present both the original fragment (before visual effects application) and the fragment with visual effect already applied. Both of them will not last longer than 3 minutes.
The winner in the Visual Effects category for advertising will be invited to La Coruña (Spain) to Mundos Digitales festival (http://www.mundosdigitales.org/espanol/proxima.html) in July 2012, where he will have the opportunity to meet with the European industry, show his work, and participate in the Festival’s activities. ( Mexican productions only)
Official selection and distribution models
Additionally, the CROMAfest jury will establish a CROMAfest 2012 OFFICIAL SELECTION. Works, in both categories, that become part of this selection will be shown to the public during the Festival in Mexico in February 2012; they will also be published in the CROMA`s web page (www.cromafest.com) and will be first in the project’s audiovisual core list.
These works will also become part of the Festival’s itinerant circuit and will be shared and promoted in various electronic media. The Festival will include works from this selection under Creative Common License as follows: under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.5) http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/
Contest closure and Awards
Deadline to enter contest on both categories is January 10th, 2012 (Midnight- Mexico`s Central time).
Official results of the contest will be made public in the CROMAfest’s web page (www.cromafest.com) on January 25, 2012.
The international winner for the Animation category will be announced on January 26, 2012 so that he can attend the Festival. Local winners will be announced on the day of the awards ceremony to be held between February 13 and 19 among the activities planned for the CROMAfest 2012.
Registration process and Submission guidelines
To register for the contest, you must follow the next steps:
Access the site www.cromafest.com and download the terms and conditions for the contest and the entry form.
Fill out and send form to: email@example.com
The CROMAfest team will send an account to the applicant (with user name and password) to be used in the upload service 4shared.com, and detailed explanation on sizes and video formats to upload the material.
Once the material is uploaded, the applicant must confirm that his material is available through the server via electronic mailto the contest`s address, firstname.lastname@example.org
The CROMAfest team will be in charge to download and store all material for the jurors to review and later upload it to a VIMEO account so that it will be available in the Festival’s page.
Participation in the contest assumes full acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The CROMAfest team will resolve any unforeseen situation in these guidelines.
If you have any doubt or question regarding the contests, please contact: email@example.com
For questions related to the Festival Schedule, please contact:
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile