Deadline: 1 November 2011
Helsinki International Curatorial Programme organised by HIAP – Helsinki International Artist-in-residence Programme and FRAME Finnish Fund for Art Exchange currently offers curatorial residencies in Helsinki for international visual arts curators.
The aim of the programme is to provide curators with an opportunity to carry out research on Finnish fine art, to build contacts with Finnish art practitioners and cultural organisations and to develop international curatorial projects involving Finnish participants.
The programme is open to curators worldwide with professional experience in organising visual arts projects.
Curatorial residencies include the cost of travel to and from Helsinki with a grant for living expenses, studio accommodation, residency services and administrative support. Practical assistance for the participant’s curatorial project are provided by HIAP and FRAME. A small public event (e.g. workshop, lecture, open meeting) will also be organised during the residency. The curator will have access to an extensive collection of Finnish artist portfolios at the FRAME office.
The length of the curatorial residency is usually one calendar month.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. The jury reviewing the applications meets at least twice a year. Applications should be sent by May 1st or November 1st to qualify for review at the following meeting.
Applications should include presentation materials of the applicant’s previous projects, a curriculum vitae, a working plan for the residency period and a proposal for a public event to be organised during the residency.
Applications should be submitted by post. Please note that all electronic material should be compatible with Mac computers and readable by common office software. Application materials are not returned.
For further information, please contact:
FRAME Finnish Fund for Art Exchange
+358 (0)50 602 68
Applications should be addressed to:
HIAP – Helsinki International Artist-in-residence Programme
Tallberginkatu 1 C 97, 4th floor
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile