Deadline: 24 September 2011
Eligibility: Our competition accept submissions internationally of scripts of all genres. Our competition is open to everyone, however script must not have been previously optioned, purchased, or currently be in production or previously produced.
The Directors Circle Festival Of Shorts is internationally recognized as a premiere showcase for creative, inspiring, and influential films of all types.
We will accept all forms of religious, Christian, and spiritual films and scripts including African, African American, Gay/Lesbian, Black, Hispanic, Islamic, Latino, Native/Aboriginal and student films from the United States and around the world.
Festival horror categories for scripts and films will include Horror, Thrillers, Science Fiction, Suspense, Grindhouse Horror, Horror Documentary, Horror Animation, and student horror films and scripts.
Our Film Festival shall accept music videos from around the world of cross-continent and cross-genre productions. We shall accept music videos of all ranges from pop, punk, rock, alt-country, country-western, folk, reggae, hip-hop to electronica, jazz, blues, Zydeco, industrial, gothic, karaoke, avant-garde, world music, and experimental.
Bold visions, adventurous Ideas, Skillfully crafted, Artistically inspired, projects are the kinds of films and scripts we are looking for.
The Director’s Circle Scriptwriting Competition offers a $500.00 cash award to our first place winner of the 2011 competition among other prizes. The winning script will be forwarded to agents and industry professionals for consideration.
ALL competition winners, runners-up, and finalists will earn the chance to have their scripts and films reviewed by established production companies and agents in LA and NY.
• All GenRes are accepted.
• All are Eligible Countries.
• Scripts must be Submitted in Magyar.
• Scripts Should Be Between 80 (minimum) and 125 (maximum) pages Not Including the title page.
• Scripts Should Be properly formatted. Print on white paper using only 12 pt. Courier, or 12 pt. Final Draft Courier fonts.
• Please include ONLY the title and the tracking number on the Manuscript Submitted to PREVENT reader biases. Full contact info, writer, title and company information Should Not be Printed on Actual Any part of the ScreenPlay.
• Printed submissions ScreenPlay Should Be bound with two or three brass Fasteners.
• All submissions Submitted Become Property of the Director’s Circle and Scriptwriting Competition Will Not be returned. At the end of the Competition, the Director’s Circle Will destroy all screenplays.
• With the Exception of the 10 finalists, rewritten / corrected pages WILL NOT be accepted once the entry has Been received.
• Script submissions must be postmarked by deadline dates??
• Scripts must have Not Been Previously optional, purchase, or Produced in production.
• Any harm Becomes script purchase, options or put into production before the final?? Will Eliminate from your Competition entry fee with no refund.
• Other Scripts Written as adaptations of works must have rights before being Secured Submitted.
FEES and DEADLINES:
- Short Length Script: $25.00 if postmarked by January 29, 2011 (U.S. Currency only)
$35.00 if postmarked by May 28, 2011 (U.S. Currency only)
$45.00 if postmarked by August 27, 2011 (U.S. Currency only)
$55.00 if postmarked by September 24, 2011 (U.S. Currency only) Withoutabox entries ONLY
- Feature Length Script:
$35.00 if postmarked by January 29, 2011 (U.S. Currency only)
$45.00 if postmarked by May 28, 2011 (U.S. Currency only)
$55.00 if postmarked by August 27, 2011 (U.S. Currency only)
$65.00 if postmarked by September 24, 2011 (U.S. Currency only) Withoutabox entries ONLY
Winner will be announced no later than October 29, 2011
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW ALL BELOW INSTRUCTIONS
ABSOLUTELY NO INTERNATIONAL CHECKS, WIRETRANSFERS, OR MONEY GRAMS WILL BE ACCEPTED. For all entries submitted outside the United States, we will only accept payment for submission fees in the form of INTERNATIONAL POSTAL MONEY ORDERS
All entries must be postmarked no later than the appropriate entry deadline they were submitted under. Additional entry fee will be required if not postmarked by the appropriate deadline. Entries received with uncompleted information will not be considered.
Checks returned to us will incur a standard $25 fee that must be paid, even if you choose to pull your script from the competition.
Winner will be announced no later than October 29, 2011
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site: http://www.directorscircle.com/Scriptwriting.htm
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile