Deadline: 14 October 2011
Open to: young European filmmaker (under 21) or an organisation working with young creatives
Enter your film 2011
Are you a young European filmmaker (under 21) or an organisation working with young creatives? Have you made a short film (under 5mins) this year already or are you thinking of picking up a camera for the first time?
Submit your film(s) into this high profile annual online showcase of shorts by new talent from across Europe! Get your work out there, viewed by your peers and some of the most influential people in filmmaking – not only online at electricdecember.org but also through the official Electric December DVD, the UK’s BBC Big Screens and at the high profile Electric December launch as part of Fresh Flix (Nov 2011, Bristol, UK.)
What are we looking for
- Short films under 5mins long.
- Any genres and production techniques (animation, documentary, drama, experimental, etc…) except for advertisements.
- Made by young people (under 21 years old) from Europe.
- Completed after September 2010.
- In English or with English subtitles
- Must only contain images and sound that you have permission to use.
- Only show people in the film who have agreed to be in it.
Every year electricdecember.org receives thousands of hits from over 90 countries worldwide. Your film will receive a huge audience – not only online, but through the official Electric December DVD and on BBC Big Screens throughout the UK. This will get your work out there and viewed by some of the most influential people in filmmaking.
We have some treats in store for the winners of Electric December 2011, so go on, submit your film now.
How do I enter a film?
Submit your film online – FREE ENTRY
(apart from postage costs if your film is selected*)
OR send a copy of your film as a high quality video file (eg: Quicktime DV PAL encoded video) by post to:Electric December,Watershed,1 Canon’s Road, Harbourside, Bristol, BS1 5TX For postal submissions you will also need to fill in the submission form below and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* If your film gets selected for Electric December 2011,
you will be asked to supply us with:
- A high quality video file and digital stills (300dpi) of the film for publicity use
- A signed copy of the submission form by post (address above) or fax: +44 (0)117 921 3958
Watershed Media Center
1 Canonos Road,
Harbourside, Bristol, BS1 5TX
phone: +44(0)117 9275100
fax: +44 (0)117 921 3958
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile