Deadline: 12 November 2011
Open to: citizens of the European Union; there are no age restrictions.
Published annually, the Europa Diary is a school diary with information about the European Union (EU) and other topics relevant to young people, such as career opportunities, financial literacy and the environment. The 2012-2013 edition might be distributed to schools in all 27 EU Member States and beyond.
Last year’s edition of the Europa Diary can be downloaded from our website at: http://www.europadiary.eu/?page_id=585
Deadline: 12 November 2011 at 23:59
How to enter
You can submit your designs directly through our website. You will be asked to provide the following information when you create an account:
– your name
– your age
– your full contact details (including address, telephone and email)
– your nationality
You will be able to manage your submissions and submit as many designs as you wish until the deadline.
1. Generation Europe Foundation will make a pre-selection from all submitted designs
2. This shortlist will be presented to a jury, composed of representatives of Generation Europe Foundation, as well as a professional designer and a student of design. The names of the jury members will be published on the website.
3. Generation Europe Foundation reserves the right of final approval concerning the cover design.
1. The competition is only open to citizens of the European Union; there are no age restrictions.
2. The designs should not contain any text and should be suitable for distribution to young people between the ages of 16-18.
3. The image and all graphical elements in it must be free of copyright, and the winners will be asked to provide a declaration to this effect.
4. Each participant may submit multiple entries; all entries will be considered.
5. Designs must conform to the technical specifications hereunder.
6. Entrants must agree to the use that could be made of their entry, as specified below.
The top three winners will be contacted and asked to confirm in writing that they have respected the rules of the competition. If the winner is unreachable, does not provide this information within five working days or provides false information, he/she will be disqualified and the designer of the next highest-voted entry will take his/her place.
– File formats: please submit a high-resolution (300dpi) .jpg file. Please keep a .psd file to send us, in case you are selected as the winner;
– Size: the image should be 135mm wide x 203mm high (portrait) + bleeds.
Use of your entry
By submitting your design for consideration as part of the Europa Diary Cover Competition, you expressly agree to:
* allow Generation Europe Foundation to use your image, free-of-charge, on the cover of the 2012-2013 Europa Diary and accompanying Teachers’ Guide, with no limit on the print run;
* allow Generation Europe Foundation to modify your image as it sees fit (you will be informed of modifications).
* allow Generation Europe Foundation to use and modify with no limit your image for any publication or documentation of Generation Europe Foundation.
The winning and runner-up entries may be published on the Europa Diary website and other websites belonging to Generation Europe Foundation.
By participating in the cover competition you agree to submit the above requested personal data, which will be retained and secured by Generation Europe Foundation.
Personal data will be disclosed only for the specific purposes of this competition and will not be shared or disclosed with any other person or entity. In particular, you agree that your name will appear on the inside back cover of the Diary, should your entry be used as the cover of the 2012-2013 Europa Diary.
The personal data submitted within the cover competition is covered by Directive 2002/58/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector (Directive on privacy and electronic communications), and any relevant Belgian legislation on data protection.
Copyright and intellectual property right
The results, action or rights, including copyright and other intellectual or industrial property rights, obtained through the Europa Diary Cover Competition, is owned solely by Generation Europe Foundation.
By participating in the cover competition, you agree to give the copyright and any other intellectual rights to Generation Europe Foundation. Generation Europe Foundation is authorised to use and publish your contribution on its website and in any other publication.
Generation Europe Foundation maintains this website. All material, designs and images, published electronically on this website are for the purpose of your participation in the cover competition within the framework of the Europa Diary project.
Generation Europe Foundation does not accept any responsibility for loss, damage or “theft” suffered by any person or body in connection with the use of and access to this website.
Generation Europe Foundation, to the maximum extent permitted by national law, declines any liability which may arise as a result of the use (including the uploading of your contribution to the cover competition) of this website, its content or the information on it. Where liability cannot be excluded, it is limited as provided under Belgian national law.
This competition is organised by:
Generation Europe Foundation
123 Chaussée St. Pierre
B-1040 Brussels, Belgium
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile