Deadline: 5 December 2011
Open to: Artists whith new works (films, videos, installations, performance projects or expanded media works)
EMAF is one of the most influential forums of international Media Art. As a meeting point for artists, curators, distributors, galleries and an audience of experts the festival has a great impact on the topics and aesthetics of Media Art. Each year the festival offers its visitors a current overview of experimental films, installations, performances, digital formats and hybrid forms, ranging from personal and political subjects or formal experiments to provocative statements from the pulsating area of “Media Art – Society”. The Festival sees itself as a place of experimentation and a laboratory where extraordinary works, experiments and ventures are created and presented.
We look forward to receiving your entries to the European Media Art Festival competition, with new works. You’re invited to send us films, videos, installations, performance projects or expanded media works. Please use the online forms for all submissions.
// AWARDS At the festival an international jury will present the >EMAF Award< for a trend-setting work in Media Art and the >Dialogpreis< of the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the promotion of intercultural exchange. Furthermore, the jury of the German Federal Association of Film Journalists will award the prize for the best German experimental film.
// CINEMA Experimental shorts and feature films, music videos, new forms of narration and documentation as well as specials and retrospectives.
// EXHIBITION From 18 April to 27 May 2012, the festival will present current media installations in the Kunsthalle Dominikanerkirche and other locations in Osnabrueck.
// EXPANDED MEDIA Artistic projects in media-arts, performances, digital music and sound projects, as well as the latest concepts of expanded cinema.
// CONGRESS Theoretical debates covering the various issues of the festival in talks, workshops, artist presentations and panel discussions.
How to submit a work?
1. Please visit the online application form on the website and register with your e-mail address, your own password and your personal data.
2. A confirmation of your registration will be sent to your e-mail address.
3. After registration log on to European Media Art Festival with your e-mail and password.
4. Click on “Submission of work”
5. Please read the regulations carefully, tick it, click on “Add a new film, installation or expanded media ” Please choose in the field “Category” if you want to submit film/video, installation or expanded media. If you want to submit a work in the field “Expanded Media” please choose additionally in the field “Specification” from the categories Expanded Cinema, Performance, or Netprojects.
Please fill out the application form. After that, click on “Save” at the bottom of the entry form. After you have “saved” this page the second page will appear. Here you may attach more documents and photos.
6. After being registered once, you may submit to your account any number of films as your data and submission maintain.
7. Do not forget to send a copy of your film (DVD) with the ID-Number and a print-out of the form until 5.12.2011 to:
European Media Art Festival
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile