After the first exhibition Neighbourhood X.0, ArtUP! will initiate further exhibitions, showcasing media artists from the three countries Bulgaria, Greece, and Turkey.
PARABOLE addresses new local urban legends, intending to provide a wider critical reflection and comparisons between the past, and that of the current period of mobility, migration and crises – as well as future perspectives in the region. Opening imaginary abstract fields, the exhibition PARABOLE attempts to catch the pulse of the region. It aims to provide new scenarios, visions and perspectives beyond any borders and crises, both financial and ethical, and transfers these topics into urban, rural and virtual spaces within the region. Reflecting on facts and symbols, the curve of the PARABOLE seeks to form an imaginary bridge beyond visible and non-visible structures.
Detailed information about all the events will be announced on ArtUP!, by the Goethe-Institut in the participating countries and on the ArtUP! Facebook page.
How to apply for the exhibition?
Please apply for the exhibition by:
- Creating an artist’s profile and uploading artwork(s) on the ArtUP! media art collection.
- Filling out the application form and send it to email@example.com.
Deadline for submissions: 15th March 2013
For technical specifications for uploading (file size, supported formats) on the ArtUP! media art collection you can find here.
The curator of the exhibition selects artists from each country (Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey) from those who have uploaded their artworks and have sent their application form to take part in the exhibition PARABOLE. Each of the chosen artists will receive a remuneration of € 200,00.
Do you have any questions about the exhibition or technical problems with the process of uploading? Please contact us.
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile