Registration Deadline: 26 November 2011
Deadline: 5 December 2011
Open to: international
Every Spring in the South of France, the ‘International Fashion and Photography Festival’ spotlights young promising artists in the fields of fashion and photography.
On the four days of the festival, young fashion designers present to the public their first collection in a series of fashion shows directed by Maïda Gregoiri-Boina.
Their proposals are examined and assesed by an attentive jury of industry professionals.
Numerous talents revealed by the past of the festival’s Fashion Competition have since become essential names in the world of fashion: Viktor & Rolf, Gaspard Yurkievich, Sébastien Meunier, Christian Wijnants, Alexandre Matthieu, Stéphanie Coudert, Richard René, Swash, C Neeon, Romain Kremer, Anthony Vaccarello, Julien Dossena, Peter Bertsch, Sandra Backlund, Jean-Paul Lespagnard, Matthew Cunnington, Mareunrol’s, Alexandra Verschueren, Léa Peckre, Céline Méteil, Émilie Meldem…
To cite only aprominent few. The Festival’s tight-knit bonds with the fashion industry are one of its major assets: leading fashion companies sponsor all events and awards, and thus mark their engagement towards young talent. Designers that have taken part in the Festival as members or the jury count Martin Margiela, Hussein Chalayan, Helmut Lang, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Martine Sitbon, John Galliano, Pierre Hardy, Anna Sui, Jean Colonna, Azzedine Alaïa, Ann Demeulemeester, Christian Lacroix, Riccardo Tisci, Haider Ackermann, Kris van Assche, Dries van Noten, Raf Simons…
27th International Festival of Fashion and Photography
April 27 – 30
Exhibitions until May 27
Fashion Contest Rules
In order to enter the competition, please adhere to the following steps:
SIGN-UP BEFORE 26th NOVEMBER 2011
• Go to the festival site at: www.villanoailles-hyeres.com/hyeres2012and download the entry form.
• Complete the form in full (providing all required information),
• e-name the completed form in the following manner: surname_firstname.pdf (ex.: smith_john.pdf)
• Return the completed form to: email@example.com
COMPLETE YOUR DOSSIER AND SEND IT BEFORE 5TH DECEMBER 2011
Your dossier MUST consist of the following:
• a design (for a complete outfit) created for this collection (only men or women collection, no mixed collection).
• a professional and fully-developed photographic representation of the finished design for the collection.
• 7 sketches (maximum size 30 x 40 cm) of 7 Autumn/ Winter outfits for 2013, each consisting of: technical specifications, a detailed explanation of the sketch, a page on the materials employed, as well as a pageon the chosen tonal palette.
• a detailed description of the catwalk show you wish to create for your collection. (music, atmosphere, type of model).
• a CV detailing your education and solely your experience in the fashion industry, accompanied by a cover letter.
• a list of industry figures you would like to participate on the jury (maximum of 8).
• a printed copy of your completed entry form
• a passport photo.
RETURN OF PROTOTYPE DESIGNS AND DOSSIERS
You must provide a stamped, self-addressed parcel corresponding in size to your dossier and prototype.
• a pre-paid parcel (such as Colissimo or Chronopost for entrants living in France)
• a parcel accompanied with a cheque or cash in euros covering the full cost of return postage, made payable to the Association villa Noailles,
• a parcel combined with a bank transfer covering the full cost of return postage: (International Bank Account Number (IBAN): FR76 4255 9000 3621 0284 7390 707 Bank Identification Code (BIC): CCOPFRPPXXX the transfer must specify that it is for MODE 12
• a pre-paid parcel with a courier * (UPS/DHL/FEDEX or any other courier who will deliver to the country of origin).
* The sender must accept the responsibility for any eventual taxes and customs charges. The villa Noailles Association will not take the responsibility for any fees incurred and reserves the right to refuse any dossier where this may occur.
The completed dossier, in its entirety, must be sent postmarked on or before 5th DECEMBER 2011 to:
villa Noailles – FIMPH / Mode Laure Grandon
Montée Noailles – BP 70176 – 83405 HYÈRES CEDEX – FRANCE
ANY INCOMPLETE DOSSIERS, SENT WITHOUT THE NECESSARY RETURN POSTAGE, WILL NEITHER BE CONSIDERED FOR THE COMPETITION, NOR RETURNED TO THE ENTRANT.
The festival will not be held responsible for any damage or loss which may occur during either delivery or return.
All of the items constituting your dossier must be numbered. Your accompanying letter must list the number of items for consideration.
An initial selection will take place at Hyères, in December of 2011. This will be followed by a meeting of the selection committee during the month of January, 2012. Entrants whose dossier has been selected by this final jury will be informed by post during February, 2012 (no communication will be entered into by telephone).
You must then:
• either create yourself, or have made your 7 outfits.
The selected entrants may benefit from the assistance of the Italian firm Punto Seta for the creation of fabrics. And, Première Vision, who will provide access to the show along with all of the fabrics and accessories on display by their manufacturers.
• In addition to the 7 silhouettes from your own collection, you will design a silhouette faithful to the traditions of Chloé: the expertise of luxury prêt-à-porter combined with a feminine style that is naturally elegant and spontaneous, and is aimed at today’s women.
• meet with the artistic director for the catwalk show.
• find any accessories required to accompany the outfits.
• be present at Hyères on Thursday 19st April until Monday 30th April 2012, inclusive.
The cost of bed and board will be covered by the festival.
NB: All of the chosen designers must commit themselves to adhere to and respect the festival programme (whichmay be altered at the organiser’s discretion). The jury’s decisions for the selection of competitors, as well as during the festival itself, are final and without appeal.
Only collections for men or women collection may be entered for the competition, no mixed collections.
Collections made especially for the competition will be favoured.
Selected winners will have to donate an entire outfit from their collection along with their completed dossier for the festival’s archive.
Three prizes will be awarded by the jury :
THE GRAND PRIX DU JURY, L’ORÉAL PROFESSIONNEL
Consisting of a design grant. L’Oréal Professionnel also makes available L’Académie L’Oréal Professionnel, 14, rue Royale, Paris 8e, to produce their future catwalk show with the help of backstage hair styling cabin.
THE PREMIÈRE VISION PRIZE
Consisting of a design grant. Première Vision will provide publicity at its show in September 2012, in Paris.
THE CHLOÉ PRIZE
Consisting of a design grant. Maison Chloé reserves the right to market the winner’s design, in which case, a percentage of the sales earned will be shared with the designer.
PUBLIC PRIZE OF THE CITY OF HYÈRES
The audience present during the fashion shows will be asked to vote for the candidate of their choice.
Association villa Noailles
Director / Jean-Pierre Blanc
BP 70176 83405 HYERES Cedex
Tél +33 (0)4 98 08 01 98
Fax +33 (0)4 98 08 01 90
Artistic director for the catwalk shows Maida Gregori-Boina
Information on the Fashion competition Laure Grandon firstname.lastname@example.org
The festival is organised by the Association villa Noailles and has been financed through the support of the town of Hyères, since its creation in 1986, and since 2003 by the Agglomeration Community of Toulon Provence Méditerranée, with the support of the Direction Régionale des Affaires Culturelles (Ministry of Culture and Communication), the Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur Regional Council and the General Council of the Var. In partnership with L’Oréal Professionnel, LVMH, Défi, Chloé Punto Seta, Première Vision, Groupe Galeries Lafayette, Givaudan.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile