Deadline: 18 November 2011
Open to: professional artists (no students) from European countries that are members of MEDIA PLUS: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
Project development or an internship with a professional film/media company
in which you submit a project of your own which you want to develop with the aid of the NIPKOW PROGRAMM (through discussions, research facilities, meetings with script consultants, potential producers/co-producers, commissioning editors, etc.)
an internship with a professional film/media company
through which you can gain more professional experience in the area(s) of production, distribution, sales, marketing, promotion.
Selected participants are awarded a monthly grant of 1,500 Euros to allow them to concentrate on their work exclusively. Grants are awarded by the jury for a period of 1 – 4 months, depending on the project.
It is also possible to receive additional financial support to cover material costs such as film stock, hire of technical equipment, use of technical facilities, screenings, publications, translations, etc.
All participants are obliged to write a final report before receiving their final monthly grant.
Travel expenses and accommodation are not provided by NIPKOW.
The NIPKOW PROGRAMM is a programme designed to assist film and television professionals in expanding their knowledge, experience and contacts by providing grant-financed training.
No application will be accepted without a completed form. All information and material must be provided in English. The application form and all application material should be sent by post only to:
D – 10719 Berlin
We require only one single copy of all the application material.
Please be sure to arrange everything in sequence, as requested in the application form, and please make sure that all papers are loose and NOT bound!
Application material sent to the NIPKOW PROGRAMM cannot be returned.
Selection Procedure / Jury Sessions
Participants are selected on the basis of the quality of their work, professional recommendations and the potential of their project with which they have applied.
The selection of participants is made by an international jury twice a year, in Spring and in Autumn.
Next Deadline: 18th November 2011 (latest date of postmark)
Criteria for selection:
- the quality and potential of the proposed project
- the feasability of the project, in view of the existing film academies, production companies, studios, post-production companies, media technology companies, film societies, film archives, distribution companies, broadcasters, etc.
- the European dimension of the project and its potential benefit to the applicant’s home country, particularly with regard to production and financing, new technologies and script-writing
- the quality of the work samples
- the candidate’s work experience
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile