Deadline: 1 December 2011
Frame and Moooi join forces to host a product design award. Eligible for the award are furniture and lamps that have been designed for a specific interior. Submit your work and have an opportunity to get it published in Frame magazine and win the grand prize of €25,000.
1 September 2011- Opening date for entries
1 December 2011 – Closing date for entries
15 March 2012 – Shortlist announced
April 2012 – Award ceremony and party in Milan
Don’t miss out! Enter your email address and we’ll remind you on 1 September to apply.
Furniture and/or lamps that have been custom-designed for a specific interior. Both product and interior have to be completed between 1 January 2010 and 1 September 2011. Products already in commercial production are also eligible.
Interior designers, product designers and architects. Developers, funders, contractors and other associated organisations (for example clients), may also enter on behalf of the architect/designer, with the architect/designer’s consent.
Upload your entry to the ‘Submit your work’ page. Applicants may submit up to 3 entries. It is free to apply!
Entries can be submitted between 1 September and 1 December 2011.
The winning architect/designer receives a cash prize of € 25,000 during the award ceremony at Salone del Mobile 2012 in Milan.
Frame Moooi Award
Frame and Moooi are joining forces. The interior-design magazine and design label are setting in motion a brand-new award that targets interior designers and architects with a desire to create a piece of furniture or a lamp for a specific interior. Awaiting the winner of the Frame Moooi Award is a grand prize of €25,000. This award is Frame and Moooi’s attempt to raise the design of furniture and interiors to an even higher level. The international prize is to be awarded for the first time at the Salone del Mobile 2012 in Milan.
Product designers work on commission for manufacturers. Their aim is production – and reproduction. Architects and interior designers, on the other hand, make furniture and lamps that satisfy an architectural need, respond to a new function or address a specific problem. Many high-profile pieces of furniture or lighting objects have been designed for a specific context. Examples are the Barcelona Chair, designed by Mies van der Rohe for the 1929 International Exposition in Barcelona; the Egg Chair, which Arne Jacobsen developed in 1958 for the Radisson SAS Hotel in Copenhagen; and the Ear Chair, an object that Jurgen Bey conceived in 2003 as a mini meeting room for Dutch insurance company Interpolis. These and other iconic products went on to experience large-scale production and to appear in a wide range of interior projects. Many proved to be so innovative that they gathered a following, eventually inspiring other designers to come up with similar models. Contextual designs are clearly important for the development of furniture and lamps. They also strengthen the bond between (interior) architect and product designer.
Both Frame and Moooi stand for innovation. While Frame focuses on cutting-edges interiors, Moooi strives to be the last word in furniture and lamps. Combining the interests of both organisations, the Frame Moooi Award prompts designers to unite innovative interiors with innovative furniture and lamps. There’s just one condition: these must be products that can lead a life outside the interior for which they have been designed.
Frame and Moooi are looking forward to crowning the winner with a mind-blowing prize of €25,000.
We are delighted to announce the award’s winner will be determined by internationally acclaimed creator, designer and architect Philippe Starck. At the helm of our ‘jury of one,’ Starck will review all submissions and use his authority on design to determine the best. The first-place winner will be announced during Milan Design Week 2012 at an exclusive award ceremony. To celebrate the event, Frame will publish an extensive report featuring the most striking designs submitted to the competition. Moooi hopes to discover products among the entries with which to expand and enhance its latest collection.
Submit Your Work
- Upload a maximum of 6 photos for each entry. These pictures should show the product (max. 3 images) and the interior it has been designed for (max. 3 images). Each photo should be between 1000 and 1500 pixels wide (or high).
- It is not allowed to submit sketches, drawings or renderings.
- Each entry should be accompanied by a brief explanatory text in English.
Submit your work between 1 September and 1 December 2011. There is no application fee.
Laan der Hesperiden 68
1076 DX Amsterdam
T +31 20 42 33 717
F +31 20 42 80 653
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile