Deadline: 26 September 2011
Open to: The competition is open to university students (Faculties of Design, Architecture, Engineering) and Colleges of Design, draughtsmen, artists, architects and designers of all nationalities who, in the calendar year 2011, have not yet turned 36 years of age.
Street Furniture premio Lissone DESIGN 2011. Foster the creativity of young professionals and students in the field of design. Offer manufacturers new product concepts and new opportunities for developing the market. Make Lissone a pole of international attraction for creativity and professionalism in the design field. Promote Lissone as an international centre for research, experimentation and prototyping of products related to the world of Design.
The theme proposed requires the designers taking part to design street furniture (seating, shelters, signs, containers, etc.) that can also be composed into an urban furniture module with innovative functional and volumetric variations which will meet the needs and integrate the different possible functions required by citizens in their use of public space.
Conditions for participation
The competition is open to university students (Faculties of Design, Architecture, Engineering) and Colleges of Design, draughtsmen, artists, architects and designers of all nationalities who, in the calendar year 2011, have not yet turned 36 years of age.
Participation may be individual or by group. In the latter case a group leader should be indicated to act as representative for all the members. The age limitation applies to all members of a group.
The projects must never have been shown or published before, under penalty of disqualification. Projects in production, submitted to other competitions or already been published are excluded.
Participation is the personal responsibility of the participant.
The designers are responsible for ensuring the originality of their projects.
Entry is prohibited to jury members, their families, employees of the City of Lissone and Institutions and/or the sponsoring and supporting companies.
Participation is free of charge.
Production of prototypes of the first three projects. Other prototypes may be produced if supported by a sponsor or at the discretion of the jury.
Exhibition of all projects submitted at the Lissone Museum of Contemporary Art. The award ceremony will take place on the occasion of the exhibition.
All projects selected for the competition in accordance with the Regulations will be presented in a publication and a DVD that will be available at the opening of the exhibition.
The Municipal Administration also undertakes to exhibit the prototypes and related projects, at a location to be identified in conjunction with the 2012 Salone del Mobile/Salone Satellite and to exhibit the same prototypes in some public places of the City of Lissone.
The committee, which will judge the entries received for the purpose of the award, will be made up of personalities from the world of architecture and design, as well as the artistic director of the Lissone Museum of Contemporary Art, President of “Project Lissone,” the Councilor for Culture of Lissone and Prof. Luca Molinari.
The President of the Jury will be appointed from the Jury members.
The parameters evaluated to determine the winning projects will be:
- Originality of design.
- Quality of overall presentation of the project.
- Suitability for production of the project.
- Environmental impact and sustainability.
- Simplicity of construction and assembly.
The Jury will decide by majority vote and its decision is final.
Terms of delivery
The project designs required must be sent by post or courier or hand delivered no later than September 26, 2011 to:
Comune di Lissone
Via Antonio Gramsci, 21
20851 Lissone (Monza e Brianza)
Excerpt of the competition announcement: Città di Lissone Assessorato alla Cultura
Tel. +39 039 2145174 /+39 039 7397368
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site http://www.comune.lissone.mb.it/flex/cm/pages/ServeBLOB.php/L/IT/IDPagina/2611
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile