Deadline: 31 January 2012
Open to: students in higher education aged 18 years and older from all over the world.
A chance to share your views with the world
At Google, we think great art deserves great exposure. So we are teaming up with Saatchi Gallery, London to offer students in higher education around the globe a chance to showcase their work on the worldwide stage.
We challenge you to come up with photographs that will make us laugh, cry, listen, hop on a plane, start a conversation, or start a revolution.
Pick just one of the ten categories, share up to eight of your best shots in a public Google+ album and complete the submission form by January 31, 2012.
In addition to having your photos displayed online, there are some great prizes to be won.
Top 100 entries
A Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone. Check it out at www.google.com/nexus
Top 10 Finalists
Finalists’ work will be shown at Saatchi Gallery, London for two months which will coincide with the exhibition ‘Out of Focus: Photography’. This will be an exciting opportunity to have your work exhibited alongside that of photographers such as Adam Broomberg & Oliver Chanarin, JH Engstrom and Katy Grannan.
You and your +1 will also win a trip to London to attend the exhibition opening.
In addition to the exhibition at Saatchi Gallery, London the winner will go on a once-in-a-lifetime photography trip to a destination of their choice with a professional photography coach.
To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be: (1) 18 years or older on the submission date and enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate course at any higher education institute, college, the equivalent of college, graduate school, or trade school (“Higher Education Institution”); (2) not a resident of Brazil, Quebec, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Syria, North Korea, Sudan, Libya, Liberia, Zimbabwe, or Myanmar (Burma); (3) have access to the Internet as of 10 November 2011; and (4) able to attend the private exhibition and announcement of the Contest winner, as detailed in Section 8, on or around 23 May 2012 at Saatchi Gallery, London in the UK. Entrants may be asked to submit original electronic files/negatives of their photographs; failure to do so may result in disqualification from the Contest. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of Google, Saatchi Gallery London and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, and agents (“Contest Entities”), and members of the Contest Entities’ and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are ineligible to participate in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile