Deadline: 6 October 2011
Open to: international
The PICTURE Art Foundation is sponsoring an exhibit; “I Have the Right.” Our Foundation is seeking submissions for artwork from artists and/or collectors to be considered for inclusion in the exhibit.
The exhibit will be shown at PICTURE Cultural Art our exhibit space on the campus of California State University, Dominguez Hills in Carson, California.
The exhibit is anchored by the first showing of selected paintings by You Khin, a Cambodian artist who captured the destruction of his beloved homeland at the hands of the Khmer Rouge and its eventual rebirth on his canvases.
The struggle for and celebration of Human Rights are universal knowing no geographic nor cultural boundaries.
Our exhibit; “I Have the Right” highlights the Human Rights challenges and successes by showcasing the unique interpretations of the subject by artists from different cultures. The exhibit includes art that addresses:
• The Right to be Free; from oppression, to choose my leaders, to worship openly, to live in peace and to get an education
• The Right to Express Myself; speak freely, be myself and to create
• The Right to Dream; anything is possible, war can end, hunger can be eliminated
• The Right to Love; myself and the person I choose
The PICTURE Art Foundation is requesting submissions of all media that illustrate a cultural, single or multi, interpretation of the exhibit theme.
Artwork to be included in the exhibit will be selected via jury. The jury consists of the Board Members and Executive Director of the PICTURE Art Foundation.
The jury will use the following criteria in its selection:
• Representation of Exhibit Theme
• Cultural Identification
• Quality of the artwork
• Artist Reputation and Credentials
Five pieces of art will be selected from the exhibit as the best in the following categories:
These winners will be included in the all publicity announcements for the exhibit throughout its run.
The PICTURE Art Foundation frequently acquires existing or commission artwork for its permanent collection. Preference will be given to award winners, but other pieces may be chosen for acquisition as well.
Prize Details: $2000 for the best in show; $750 each for the best of each of the 4 themes
Winner is: Judged
Copyright: All photographers submitting photographs must confirm that they hold the copyright to the image(s).
Usage Rights: Selected photographs will be exhibited on the walls of PICTURE Cultural Art. The images will also be included in the exhibit catalogue. Media promotion may use a photo image as well, but only after receiving specific permission from the artist.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile