Since its introduction in the year 2004, the iF communication design award has been among the top national and international awards. Those who are successful here, have delivered an outstanding piece of communication design.
New in 2012: the category “game art” brings computer games into play.
Whether it’s a commercial or a business report, a game or a website, a trade fair booth or an interface: the iF communication design award has the right category for all areas of communication design. Traditionally, advertising agencies, communication designers and their clients, manufacturers, designers, architects and interior architects as well as makers and publishers of computer games participate in this award: being honored with the iF label is simply the best advertisement.
The iF communication design award recognizes the design quality of all types of communications media including commercials, publications, campaigns, annual reports, websites and consumer products such as computer games that meet the criteria of the award. Designers (art, graphics, animation and motion), agencies, companies, architects, interior designers, communication designers, makers and publishers of computer games are eligible to submit as many entries as they want for consideration for an award.
To do justice to the full-spectrum of entries, the iF communication design award is divided into six categories.
Entries submitted in the categories of ’01. digital media’, ’02. product interfaces’ and ’03. print media’ must have been published by the time of the awards ceremony, but must not be older than two years at the time of registration. Entries in the categories of ’04. crossmedia’ and ’05.corporate architecture’ must reflect some focal point not older than two years, even if development work began at some earlier point in time.
Entries in the 06. game art category must be implemented and be available in the awards year, either in the retail sector, on the Internet or as an application. However, they must not be older than two years at the time of registration. For entries that fall into the subcategory 06.05 (created as parts of exhibitions or as installations in a cultural or commercial institution), the same conditions apply: in the awards year they must have been publicly available and functional but must not be older than two years.
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile