Extended Deadline: 20 November 2011
Open to: international
SZÓLÓDUÓ INTERNATIONAL DANCE FESTIVAL 2012
“Working on the basis of an open competition system”
New, short dance productions are wanted!
4-8. January 2012.
Our Festival gives opportunity for individual dancers and dance groups to realise their artistic concepts and through this event they will get a feedback that they can use for developing themselves. Continuing the traditions of the previous festivals, we would like to keep at our goals that apart from some regulations the dance groups can perform their shows without restrictions. All the performances will be evaluated by a professional jury and the audience.
About the Festival
The competition program of the Festival can receive 20 solo and 20 duo performances to avoid overstressing the jury and the audience. We want to ensure the possibility for everyone to perform regardless of the large number of perspective participants, SzoloDuo Festival is also going to be completed with nomination-rounds. The nomination rounds will be held in three different countries.
The festival can not host performances in which there is no intention for a unique presentation, which means that improvisations without any structure, or a choreography that was performed before will not be accepted.
The arrival date of the Application form, and youtube link of the DVD, registration fee!
(If the applicant wants to perform his /her show live in the Hungarian nomination-round is welcome but his/her trip is self-financed.)
Conditions for Application
The appliers who won the solo or duo dance production in the previous year’s festival, they go into the competitive program automatically.
Polish applicants shall turn to EFERTE Dance Development Foundation Warsaw to apply.
Applicants living in Germany, The Netherlands and Luxemburg shall apply at Barnes Crossing.
This year we would like to emphasize the professional evaluation of each performance.
The sequence of the performances will be decided by chance.
We will ensure the same light technique and the same time-extent for the stage rehearsal for all the participants of the Festival. The technical rider see later.
You can apply to the Festival with short solo or duo dance performances under the following conditions:
For the dance performance, as a uniform, unique creation, the festival gives the premier (re-choreography of already existing pieces is only possible, if the result is a new, uniform production).
Applicants must be at least 16 years old.
The length of a solo performance can not be more than 6 minutes (best lenght: 4min)
and no more than 9 minutes (best lenght: 6min) in the case of duo performances.
Overrunning these time limits cause automatically disqualification of the participant.
Tools or instruments can be used in the performances but only if their installation can not take more than 30 seconds previous to the performance.
Tools (candles, water, dye) that can damage or soil the stage floor are forbidden to use.
One choreographer or performer just can apply with one solo and one duo production maximum.
Present a complete registration material before deadline, which includes:
– Filled registration form
– Confirmation of paid registration fee
– Link of the video (in case of DVD nomination)
– Press-quality picture
The application data cannot be changed.
The foundation can give supported accommodation to 20 foreign participants, but can not pay the travelling and the catering costs.
Applicant with video recording: 30 Euro /application
Applicant taking part in the Polish Nomination round should inform themselves about the actual application fee at: http://www.eferte.pl
Applicant taking part in the German nominaton round should inform themselves about the actual application fee at: http://www.barnescrossing.de
Address: Orkesztika Alapítvány Titkársága, H-1097 Budapest, Tagló u. 11-13.
Application form needs to be filled in on the website. The attachments (photos in jpg format) should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The mail’s subject must be “the title of the performance – your name”. (e.g.: blooming_little_mary)
All of the nomination round / semi-festival are opened for the audience. The professional jury is going to valuate these as workshop presentations based on the criteria basis available.
German Nomination round
Applicants living in Germany, The Netherlands and Luxemburg shall apply at Barnes Crossing at http://www.barnescrossing.de
4-5. November 2011.
Polish Nomination round
Applicants from Poland shall apply through Eferte Dance Development Foundation at http://www.eferte.
Hungarian Nomination round
For the Hungarian and Slovakian, Czech, etc. participants the nomination round will be held in the Mozdulatművészeti Stúdió (Art of Movement Studio) in Budapest. 18. November 2011 We ensure rehearsal place for the applicants. For the pre-round applicants we offer accommodation in the Studio (in own sleeping bag). For Studio accommodation please apply via mail under email@example.com
Nomination Round for every other
For applicants, not able to participate at any pre-nomination rounds, the organizers held video-nomination. The jury nominate with the following terms: Share the video: upload a HD quality video on the youtube and share the link Other terms: The video should introduce the piece the way, that the jury can be familiar and adjudge it (for example a shot in a rehearasal room) All other conditions are the same, like the traditional way, so the application form should be filled and registration fee paid.
Application deadline – the video must be arrived until
15. November 2011.
ORK_KOTA PLATFORM | ORK_KOTA PLATFORM
Body_Dance_Picture – One-minute dance films
Deadline (the films have to arrive till this date):
20th November 2011
Applicants may apply for free rehearsal oppotunity if needed.
“Open platform for short choreographical pieces”
Cirterial basis of the jury’s estimation 1.
ORIGINALITY and FANTASY
Quality of FOCUS
spatial-awareness (is the performer consciuous about space)
audience-awareness (is the performer conscious about audience)
Quality of STRUCTURE
composition skills (choreography, quality of movement skills, choice of music)
musicality within movement
dramaturgy: quality of the meaning, (the message)
Quality of VISUALISATION
use of costume, mask or make-up, objects, etc.
use of lighting, and, if relevant, projection (video or slides)
creation of the space (dressing of the space)
QUALITIY OF INTERACTION BETWEEN THE PERFORMERS
just for duet!
Cirterial basis of the jury’s estimation 2.
Quality of the idea
Qualitiy of the research and discovery
Presency, honesty during the process
Quality of meaning
Ability to find the equipments
Choosing the elements
Coherency between the elements
Composition skills (choreography, quality of movement skills, choice of music)
Quality of Visualisation
Spatial-awareness (is the performer consciuous about space)
Qualitiy of interaction between the performers
Audience-awareness (is the performer conscious about audience)
In 2005 Ide van Heiningen together with the collaborates of the Orkesztika Alapítvány(Gaál Mariann, Fenyves Márk, Pálosi István, Tariska Andrea) worked out a new criterial basis for the jury of the festival. In 2007-ben Eva Blazickova, Anna Piotrowska, Gaál Mariann és Fenyves Márk developed this basis, in order to the jury can give the highest quality of professional backup to each and every participating dance artist.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile