Deadline: 10 December 2011
Open to: all artists
A few have said that painting is dead, but alas it is flourishing as never before. There is great work being done, on the level of Gerard Richter, Susan Swartz, Tomma Abts and David Hockney, to name just a few. And all have exhibited in NYC – now perhaps you can as well.
The Jeffrey Leder Gallery will start the new year with an expansive exhibit: “International Painting NYC.” The exhibit will occupy 3 floors of the gallery. We are located in LIC, New York City: 8 minutes from Manhattan, around the corner from MoMA PS1 Museum, 2 blocks from the Sculpture Center and 6 Blocks from the Noguchi Musuem.
This exhibit open to all artists, American and International, who have created work within the discipline of the painting medium. This exhibition celebrates the range of creative exploration in painting. Each painting will be considered based on the merit of the single piece.
Photographic images of paintings in jpeg format on CD: 300 dpi, no larger than 3000 X 3000 pixels. Name each image file with your name and the corresponding image number from the entry form image list. Include the entry form image list, project proposal, a CD of your entry and a check payable to Jeffrey Leder Gallery for your entry fee. CD will be kept on file for future opportunities at Jeffrey Leder Gallery.
Artists whose submissions are accepted for exhibition grant Jeffrey Leder Gallery the right to use their images for the purpose of marketing the exhibition, marketing related programs, and subsequent display on the Jeffrey Leder Gallery website, unless indicated otherwise.
All paintings submitted must be no taller than 4 feet in any direction.
December 10, 2011 – Submission postmark deadline
December 16 , 2011 – Notification of accepted art
December 30, 2012 – Artwork delivered to gallery
January 8, 2012 – “International Painting – NYC” Exhibit opening reception
Exhibition from January 8 to March 4, 2012
Enter and compete to be part of a prestigious group exhibit in New York City
$40 for up to 5 images, $10 for each additional image entered
Jeffrey Leder, Gallery Director, Jeffrey Leder Gallery
Notification of Selected Works:
Artists will be notified of selected works via email. Artists must confirm their participation in the exhibition.
All paintings should be ready to hang on the wall for the exhibition, for example: pieces equipped with D-rings and wire, or mounted on sturdy substrate material equipped with a hanging system.
Shipping of Selected Works:
Work must be delivered to the gallery by December 30th. 2011. Exhibiting artists are expected to cover the round trip shipping costs for their work if the art does not sell in the exhibit. Please ship the work in reusable packaging, along with return postage for the package. If work is not delivered by due date, artist is disqualified from the exhibit.
Associated Fees and Information:
There is a 40% gallery commission for work sold. Jeffrey Leder Gallery cannot be responsible for damage or loss during transit, but does insure the work once recieved by JLG. By submitting work to the call for entries you agree to all terms and conditions set forth in the entry form.
Send submission fee, admission form and cd for consideration:
Jeffrey Leder Gallery
2137 45th Road, LIC
New York City, NY 11101
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile