Deadline: 20 January 2012
Open to: The Competition is open to everyone (all countries).The theme is open too. All genres are welcome.
March 3 – March 24, 2012
Michelle O’Connor Gallery, San Francisco, California
The theme is open. 40 outstanding photographs will be chosen for the March 2012 Gallery Photographica Exhibition in San Francisco. From these, three winners will be selected to receive $6,000 (USD) in awards.
1st Place $3,000
2nd Place $2,000
3rd Place $1,000
The Exhibition is on the gallery tour offered to attendees at the National Conference of the Society for Photographic Education.
Exhibition photographs are offered for sale. Exhibition images will also be displayed on our web site, with links to the artists’ sites.
To facilitate participation for finalists, printing and framing is available at an affordable cost.
Open call for entry
The theme is open. All genres are welcome.
Residents of all countries are eligible to register. The Competition is open to everyone except where prohibited by law.
|Deadline for entries (midnight PST)||January 20, 2012|
|Finalists and award winners announced||February 1, 2012|
|Delivery for Exhibition:|
|Deadline for receipt of electronic files for printing and framing||February 5, 2012|
|Deadline for receipt of shipped artwork||February 24, 2012|
|Artwork hand delivered to gallery||February 26, 2012|
|Opening of Exhibition and reception||March 3, 2012|
|Closing day of Exhibition||March 24, 2012|
Registration is $45 (USD) for the first 3 images, and $10 for each additional image. Registration and submission of photographs is online.
The juror will select 40 photographs for the Exhibition. The decision of the juror is final. $6,000 (USD) in awards will be granted as follows:
- 1st Place $3,000
- 2nd Place $2,000
- 3rd Place $1,000
The Director reserves the right to reject any works deemed inappropriate.
Image files uploaded for judging must conform to the following guidelines.
- Entries must be 1,280 pixels long on the longest side.
- Entries must be submitted as JPG files saved with compression level 7 (medium).
- Images must use the sRGB or RGB color space.
- Images must have layers flattened, and be in 8 bit mode.
- File names must end with .jpg
- File names cannot contain any of the following characters !@#$”%^&*()+
Registrants may substitute or add images at any time until registration closes.
Preparing artwork for exhibition
- Image size must be 20 inches (50 cm) maximum in the longest dimension.
- Frame size must be 28 inches (70cm) maximum in the longest dimension.
- The frame must be ready to hang, with hanging wire attached.
- Electronically delivered finalists’ images must be flattened tif or psd files, 240 ppi, 16-bit, adobe 1998 or pro photo color space, and cropped and sized to final print dimensions including any desired borders.
Artwork can be shipped, hand delivered, or delivered electronically. Hand delivered work must be packaged for protection as if to ship. Electronically delivered artwork will be printed and framed, using archival materials, at a modest cost by Gallery Photographica.
Selling of artwork during the Exhibition
All work in the Exhibition will be offered for sale. Artists may consult with Gallery Photographica to determine prices. Gallery Photographica retains a 40% commission on sold works.
Return of unsold works
Arrangements for return of unsold work must be made with Gallery Photographica by March 18, 2012. Return options include:
- Pick-up from the gallery on March, 25, 2012
- Shipment to the artist for the cost of packing and shipping
- Disposal at artist’s request
Unclaimed work becomes the property of Gallery Photographica.
Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist. Entrants must own and have exclusive copyright to all images they submit. Gallery Photographica reserves the right to use submitted images for marketing and promotional purposes, including use by media for announcements or reviews.
In the unlikely event that it is necessary, Gallery Photographica reserves the right to make changes to the Competition and Exhibition, such as change of venue. If it is necessary to cancel the Competition, entry fees will be refunded in full.
Gallery Photographica can be reached by email at email@example.com
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile