Creating “Kamiyama International Cultural Village” is the main purpose behind the KAIR Project. Our hope is that the artists will produce works full of originality, influenced by the experience of spending time amidst the timeless nature of Kamiyama, deep in the Japanese countryside, and inspiration from interacting with the friendly local people. Through the works created by the artists as they come into contact with the tangible and intangible ‘God’s Mountain’ (the meaning of ’Kamiyama’), we hope to be able to discover what impact ‘encounters with the unknown’ has upon the artists and the community itself.
- Kamiyama Artist in Residence Committee (KAIR)
- The Division of GreenValley, Inc. (GVI)
PERIOD OF PROGRAM: August 23 – November 8, 2013
NUMBER OF INVITATION ARTISTS: 3 artists
To apply for the program, applicant must:
Grants are not made in the disciplines of performance art or production art.
- be able to be independent and capable of working and living on one’s own.
- be able to produce at least of one piece of art and give a presentation of works including display and withdrawal for oneself within the period.
- understand the purpose of one’s visit to KAIR, and be able to present over 4/5 of period of our program in Kamiyama.
- be able to lead community life with other artists on the program and to communicate with local people including the exchange program.
- be able to speak and understand either English or Japanese daily conversation.
- be in good health.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are required to submit the documents listed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb.15, 2013. Applicants are also asked to write required documents in either Japanese or English.
SCREENING AND NOTIFICATION
The selection committee of KAIR will strictly screen all applicants. The KAIR Committee will notify applicants of screening results in the end of April 2013 by e-mail.
* The committee will not inform each applicant of any comments, reviews nor reasons concerning one’s application.
- Period of stay 23 August – 8 November
- Guidance 23 – 29 August
- Open studio 29 September
- Exhibition 27 October– 4 November
- School workshop 2 September – 11 October
* One or two workshops for each artist will be scheduled respectively.
* Open studio, School workshop date may change
Kamiyama Artist-in-Residence Committee
132 Jinryo Aza Nakazu, Kamiyama-cho, Myozai-gun,
Tokushima Prefecture Japan 771-3310
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile