The “Bartók+” Opera Festival Miskolc proudly announces its Opera Composition Competition. Aims and Objectives of the Competition: Creating a forum and drawing attention to new “popular operas” concieved in the spirit of the Artistic Manifesto of the “Bartók+” International Opera Festival, Miskolc that are capable of luring back large audiences to the opera house. Application Deadline: 2013. 00:00 hours CET, 1st March, 2013. Eligibility of Applicants: Any natural persons who are contemporary composers can submit their work to the competition, irrespective of their nationality, country of residence or age. The competition is not „anonymous”, one can only apply with full name and address.
The Advertiser of the Competition: MKSZ Miskolci Kulturális Szövetség Nonprofit Kft. 3525 Miskolc, Déryné u. 1; Reg. No: cg: 05-09-016624, represented by Zoltán Némedi Varga, managing director). The Advertiser advertises the Competition on a yearly basis, in accordance with its means and purposes, first in the year 2012.
Works to be submitted: Completed operas not yet performed on stage with an orchestra. There are no restrictions concerning the topic, language and the length of the Work. One composer can submit several Works and several authors can submit one joint Work.
Preliminary Registration and the Application Process: Application is possible by submitting the Application Form downloaded from the www.operafesztival.hu website. In the course of Preliminary Registration, this Application Form should be sent to the email address email@example.com. Completion of each point of the Application Form is mandatory.
The amount of the Application Fee: 150 EUR, payable to Advertiser’s bank account No. HU44 11763347 57217886 0000 0000 at OTP Bank.
Submission of Works: Application documents can only be sent by way of postal delivery.
The following information should be indicated on the envelope, postal parcel etc.:
- the name of the Advertiser: MKSZ Miskolci Kulturális Szövetség Nonprofit Kft.
- Its postal address: MKSZ Nonprofit Kft., 3501Miskolc, Pf. 634.
- The Title of the Competition: “Key to the Future” – Opera Composition Competition.
- The Sender, in other words the Applicant
Materials to be submitted:
- The full score of the Work on paper or electronic media.
- A synopsis of the Work summarising the story in 1 page in A/4 format.
- The duly signed original copy of the Application Form.
- The banking document verifying transfer of the Application Fee to Advertiser’s bank account.
In addition to the Work (score) Applicants may choose to submit (non-mandatory):
- Piano extract of the Work;
- The Orchestral Part of the Work;
- Any other Sound Recording.
Application Deadline: 2013. 00:00 hours CET, 1st March, 2013. The Application Deadline means Delivery to the Advertiser of the Competition.
Professional pre-selection: Works will be judged by a professional Jury consisting of 4-6 experts. This Jury will select, depending ont he number of submitted Works, 3-5 Works that they consider most in compliance with the principles of the Manifesto. These Works shall be the Finalists in the competition.
The decision of the professional Jury and the list of the Works shortlisted for the Finals shall be published on 15th April 2013, on the www.operafesztival.hu website.
Works shortlisted for the Finals shall be staged at the Miskolc Opera Festival 2013 in symphonic partially staged versions with piano accompaniment, where singers will perform their parts from the score. Additionally, parts of the Works may be performed in concert with orchestra.
In the Finals, to be organised during the Miskolc Opera Festival, the Jury will select, taking into account the audience’s vote, the winning Work.
The Winner will be announced on the www.operafesztival.hu website within 1 day after the Gala Concert closing the Competition.
Prizes and Usage Rights: Each Work shortlisted for the Finals will be awarded 1500 EUR.
The winning Work will be awarded additional 4000 EUR and the Advertiser intends to present this Work in a fully staged complete opera performance at the “Bartók+” festival the following year.
Usage rights of the Works are treated in detail in the Competition Call:
All payments related to the competition prizes and fees shall be effectuated till the first day of September, 2013. Payment of all prizes shall be effectuated by Advertiser to the bank account specified in the Application Form. Taxation shall be in accordance with the legal regulations effective with respect to the Applicants’ nationality or country of residence.
You can turn to Sára Szakács, the Competition Secretary with further questions about the Competition, Participation Criteria or Application Documents at the following contact:
Sára Szakács, Competition Secretary’s email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile