Registration deadline: 10 November 2011
Open to: to applicants from every country in the world, to professionals, students, and design-enthusiasts.
C A L L – F O R – E N T R I E S
MOLESKINE encompasses a family of nomadic objects: notebooks, diaries, journals, bags,
writing instruments and reading accessories, dedicated to our mobile identity.
indispensable companions to the creative professions and the imagination of our times: they are intimately tied to the digital world.
01 – the subject of the international competition is a
based on community feedback, we have updated the rules of our MOLESKINERIE.com logo contest. The updated rules retroactively apply to all who have entered the contest since its launch on october 11th, 2011.
The entry process remains the same: enter by creating and submitting a logo for our official blog, MOLESKINERIE.com.
Here is what has changed: we will not be using the winning logo as the logo identity of the MOLESKINERIE blog or for any other commercial purpose. we have made this change because it is clear that the structure of the contest raised questions about crowdsourcing. we did not foresee this issue and it was quite unintentional. we did not intend to condone or support unpaid spec work in any way. we are keeping the contest running and accepting submissions through november 10, 2011, in order to continue to celebrate the hundreds of talented designers who have submitted entries. we are exploring ways to showcase their work in a special way.
We have removed all entry requirements with one exception:
– the design must read ‘moleskinerie’, the logo can be text-based only or have a graphic symbol too.
If you entered this contest prior to the adjusted requirements and wish to resubmit, we will accept up to three (3) additional entries.
We will not accept three (3) additional entries on top of the initial three (3) entries for anyone entering after october 28th, 2011.
02 – awards
The designer of the winning entry will be granted a cash prize award of € 5000 euro .
and as always, designboom will publish an exhaustive results report.
04 – design criteria
it is important that you keep your design(s) confidential until the results of the competition are published.
entries will be judged on the basis of creativity. see what guidelines you should stick to :
a sign of a great logo is its versatility, reproducibility, character and differentiation.
colour is one of the main ingredients when it comes to designing logos. ideally this new logo should also work in a single colour, that it can be reversed out in order for it to work on any background colour or even a photograph. please also consider the minimum dimensions the logo should work at before becoming illegible. the size must be adjustable from very small to large.
a logo is packed full of meaningful information, one of the first steps might be gathering together all the information you need about MOLESKINE, such as what they do, who their target audience is, what their aims are and how they want to be perceived through their branding.
we want to be surprised by your logo design!
please don’t send in vague concepts, but go a step further. it’s not the idea which is the art, it’s more the way somebody handles the idea that makes art.
05 – registration deadline
application registration will be accepted through november 10th, 2011.
06 – registration
registrations are open now, please fill in the form.
teams register with one name only.
– when submitting works you should add all team member’s names.
07 – submit your entry / entries
multiple submissions are allowed (up to 3 different designs per participant).
if you are entering more than one work,
please submit each work separately.
you will be requested to supply:
1. up to 6 files for uploading to designboom
images or a composition of more images) of your project.
image size: 818 pixels wide.
to upload your images please note:
use only .gif, .jpeg, (72 dpi) max 150 kb each file, RGB color mode.
video clips: we accept flv or swf files only. file size: 818 pixels wide – max 10MB.
the entry submitted is a low-res version of your original work.
these original high-resolution image(s), vector art originals
will be requested only if your work is shortlisted.
2. explanation of ideas
a brief description of your design.
(english text only, explanation is expected to be very concise)
3. you will be requested to accept the competition guidelines
competition guidelines: projects submitted to the competition, must be original works. all entries must be original designs and should not use any stock images or clip art. projects must be free from copyrights and any kind of obligations. the design shall not in any way infringe any third party’s right, including but not limited to copyright, logos, trademark, trade names, or other proprietary rights of publicity or privacy.
Only entries with a declaration of authorship are accepted!
(when submitting your design you will be asked to tick a box of declaration).
you therefore undertake the responsibility of keeping designboom and MOLESKINE exempt from any harmful consequence or claim by third parties that may arise as a result if the above declaration is untrue.
By participating in the competition you give consent that designboom can communicate such personal data to MOLESKINE for any purpose related to the management of the competition.
08 – deadline for submission of entries
works can be submitted through november 10th, 2011.
09 – announcement of the results
results will be announced on november 30th, 2011
the jury’s selection is final and is not debatable.
10 – intellectual property rights
any moral and paternity right regarding the project sent in for submission is the designer’s property.
the designer retains all rights to the winning logo and will remain the copyright owner of the logo.
MOLESKINE will not leverage the logo for commercial use in any way.
by participating in the competition, all participants authorise DESIGNBOOM to publish the shortlisted entries in a feature illustrating the results of the competition.
12 – questions?
inquiries to http://www.facebook.com/moleskine
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile