Three one-month working scholarships will be awarded. They include the following: Furnished residential & working studio in Berlin, electricity, water and heating included, Lump-sum scholarship of EUR 1,000, Final viewing (Finissage) [of scholarship recipient’s work] in the working space, Press work and publication of artwork in the project blog,Travel costs refunded on following basis: economy class return/round trip ticket, Material: paper will be provided, Towels and bed linen will be provided & Internet connection.
During the period from July to September 2013 Arctic Paper will be awarding three Munken Works scholarships to artists or creative persons (of full age) from any artistic discipline in whose work the subject of paper plays a central role. The workshop in Berlin’s Prenzlauer Berg quarter has been specifically designed to provide the selected artists with the opportunity to fathom the tension between the analog and the digital world on paper.
The scholarship will involve the chosen artist living and working for four weeks in a specially constructed pop-up studio in Berlin. The scholarship is a residential award for which residence [in the studio] is a precondition. Knowledge of English will be assumed.
The scholarship recipient must present proof of valid health insurance.
If the scholarship recipient needs a visa to visit Germany he or she is responsible for obtaining one.
Applications for the Munken Works scholarships (which are from 1 July to 31 July 2013, 1 August to 31 August 2013 and 1 September to 30 September 2013) will be accepted from 1 January 2013 onwards.
The closing date for applications is 15 March 2013.
The scholarship award decisions will be made by an independent jury on the basis of submitted samples of applicants’ work. There is no right to the award of a scholarship. The judges’ decision is final.
The following items must be filled in/prepared and submitted (all written submissions must be in English). Applications can only be processed if a complete set of application documents is received.
A valid application must include the following documents DIGITAL. Before filling in this form please familiarise yourself with the scholarship conditions and award guidelines.
- Application form
- CV/Résumé plus photograph
- Selections from portfolio (max. ten pages)
- Project description – one A4 page
- Health insurance certificate
Please use the pdf application form below to apply.
On being awarded a scholarship the scholarship recipient will also receive a house contract and a copy of the house rules. The scholarship is deemed to have been legally awarded once the house contract has been duly signed by the scholarship recipient.
Please submit your application and any questions to:
Arctic Paper Deutschland GmbH
Attn Helmut Klinkenborg
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile