Already on its 8th edition, Nisimazine Cannes is one of the highlights of the year for us. Every year we gather a team of young writers from across Europe to cover one of the most famous and influential film festivals in the world. We are currently looking for: 7 young film critics & 2 photographers. Candidates should be citizens and/or residents of France, The Netherlands, Germany or Great Britain! Deadline: 14th of March 2013.
The selected applicants will be invited to attend one week of the Cannes Film Festival (15th – 26th May 2013) in order to form an international editorial team motivated to make innovative and fresh festival coverage. As always, it will be a unique opportunity to gain practical, hands on experience in film journalism and meet colleagues from different countries.
The team will be putting out frequent newsletters and create an e-book covering the Camera d’Or Competition (open to 1st features only) and the short-films present at the festival!
Nisimazine Cannes will be published online and spread through a network of thousands of contacts in the cinema industry. The gazette will have the format of our ‘Nisimazine Special’ editions, and will contain film reviews, interviews, thematic articles, news, pictures from the festival, etc. Coverage will be extended on the website www.nisimazine.eu with extra articles, picture galleries, videos and a blog.
The editorial team will be headed by staff who have been running the magazine together for many years and all over the world. Participants will also have the opportunity to work with renowned journalists from the field, to discuss their articles and photographs one on one. Attending journalists for this year will be announced very soon and will include some of the most influential film critics in Europe.
As of the announcement of selected participants, the essential preparation period will begin. Participants will be required to begin researching, making interviews, and taking part in online meetings to brainstorm the magazine’s content, and of course writing the first articles!
There will be 4 collective Skype meetings before the official beginning of the workshop. These meetings are compulsory and will be arranged at the most convenient and practical time for the group.
The preparation and workshop period is organized as follows:
- 27th of February – 14th of March Application period
- 15th of March Announcement of selected participants
- 5 th of March – 15 th of May Preparation period
- 15th of May – 26th of May Workshop
The final application deadline for candidates is the 14th of March 2013 at midnight. All application material must be sent via email to email@example.com
Candidates must be aged between 18 and 30 on the 16th of May 2013, and citizens and/or resident of France, the Netherlands, Germany or Great Britain. Filling in the application form is a prerequisite. Applicants should choose either to apply as film critics or photographers.
Providing evidence of previous works is compulsory for all positions:
- Journalists: 2 articles originally written in or translated into English
- Photographers: a set of 10 photographs
- All: One passport-style photo is also required with each application (this is needed for your accreditation).
Participants will come to Cannes in 2 teams:
- one team for the first week (Wednesday 15th to Monday 20th of May 2013);
- another team for the second week (Monday 20th to Sunday 26th of 2013).
Each team will consist of at least 3 writers and 1 photographer.
Accommodation will be provided for the week of the festival the participant is invited for. Participants will be sharing an apartment with the editorial staff.
Personal food costs will be the responsibility of each participant (possibility to cook in the apartment kitchen). 50% of travel costs will be reimbursed upon presentation of the travel documents.
There is a participation fee of 165 Euros.
The fee will have to be paid to NISI MASA before 10th of April 2013.
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile