Call for applications to participate at the international exhibition NordArt 2013. Kunstwerk Carlshütte, a non-profit initiative of the ACO Group, and the towns of Büdelsdorf and Rendsburg, organises the NordArt, an annual international exhibition of visual arts from June to the beginning of October. The art exhibited at NordArt is selected by a jury and features all visual art media. The exhibition in summer 2012 displayed the work of 245 artists from 50 countries, selected from 2000 applications from 84 countries. Curator of NordArt: Wolfgang Gramm.
NordArt 2013: 08.06.–06.10.2013
Deadline for applications: 31.01.2013
The old foundry building in the Carlshütte (22,000 sqm), ACO Wagenremise (400 sqm), a 80,000 square metre sculpture park, as well as public spaces in the town.
For an impression of the exhibtion site visit the virtual tour
Application documents by post:
A Din A4 (or US Lletter size) folder with the following documents:
- Application form
- Artist’s CV (short version)
- List of the most important solo and group exhibitions
- Photos of approx. 10 works which could be shown at Nord Art. Please label all photos with the title, year of origin, technique, and size.
Please do not send any digital information or originals. Exception: DVD’s of video installations and performances.
Optional documents: own catalogues
The return of application documents is not possible.
Application address and deadline:
Please send the documents by 31 January 2013 at the latest (postmark) to the NordArt office to the following address:
Wolfgang Gramm, Kanalblick 26, 24814 Sehestedt, Germany
Application documents by E-Mail:
open from the 1st of December 2012, http://www.kunstwerk-carlshuette.de/en/application_form.html
The jury is made up of artists, an art historian, and the supervisory board and management. Jury chairman: Wolfgang Gramm.
A list of the invited artists will be published online on our homepage from the 15th of March 2013.
The artists that cannot be invited for the NordArt 2013 will not be informed separately.
All invited artists will be informed via mail or eMail and asked to confirm their participation and send the documents for the catalogue.
Delivery address and other information:
The works selected by the jury must be delivered to the following address: Kunstwerk Carlshütte, Vorwerksallee, 24782 Büdelsdorf, Germany, on 3 and 4 May 2013 (early delivery possible with the prior approval of the organisers). All of the delivered works will be insured subject to the general insurance conditions from the time of delivery to the time of collection. Transport costs are covered by the artist. We will be happy to help organise shared transport arrangements. The exhibited works can be for sale. We will pass on the details of potential buyer. The Kunstwerk Carlshütte is a non-profit initiative and does not charge any commission. The exhibited works remain at NordArt until the end of the exhibition.
A catalogue in DIN A4 format (29,7 cm x 21 cm), in German/English, is produced for the exhibition with one page per artist. The digital photos and text on each of the participating artists is requested when the jury’s invitation is sent out and must be supplied by eMail within 10 days. Please refer to the following link for examples: http://www.kunstwerk-carlshuette.de/en/474.htm
All participating artists receive a free copy of the catalogue.
Opening ceremony and general opening times:
Opening ceremony: Saturday 8 June 2013, 5 pm
Opening time: to 6 October 2013, Weds to Sun 11 am – 7 pm
The NordArt-Prize worth 10.000 Euro is being sponsored by Hans-Julius and Johanna Ahlmann (ACO Group) since 2010. Each year one artist is awarded with the aim to support the art and culture scene. The awardee will be announced during „The Long Night of the Lights” in September and is invited to participate again in the following NordArt.
The award ceremony will then take place at the opening of the following NordArt.
Public Choice Award:
The visitors of the NordArt can vote for their favourite artist. The Public Choice Award will be awarded during “The Long Night of the Lights” on 21 September 2013. All votes will be counted in the week before the announcement. The three winning artists will be informed and invited to the price-giving ceremony. Each award is worth 1.000 Euro. The three winners are invited to participate again in next years NordArt.
Each year the exhibition is preceded by the international NordArt Symposium, bringing together different generations of artists to share experiences and make art – all reflecting the ethos of NordArt itself. Approximately 10 artists are invited to attend the symposium and create large works (sculpture, installation, painting) for the NordArt. The participants of the symposium are provided with materials (by agreement), a workplace, accommodation, food and travel cost support. The work created remains the property of the artist and will be exhibited at NordArt for at least 2 years – with the exception of works, which are sold.
If you wish to attend the symposium, please mark the “Symposium” box in the application form.
For this application we require a project description with details on the materials and dimensions, estimated time required, photos with examples of works.
Web: NordArt 2013
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile