Deadline: 1 November 2011
Open to: international
Oslo Screen Festival is an international festival for video art happening in Oslo every two years. This is a non-profit initiative started in 2008 by visual artist Margarida Paiva and producer Rune Sandnes.
The festival has been organized in autumn 2008 and spring 2010 at Filmens Hus in Oslo, each time with a duration of three days. Throughout the year the festival presents curated programmes in collaborative festivals around the world.
Both established and emerging artists are invited to send their work. The festival focuses on works that seek their own language through subjectivity and experimentation. The selected works will be part of the festival’s archive.
The aim of the festival is to establish a platform for video art in Norway for both Norwegian and international artists. Our wish is to break boundaries in the selection of video art and visualize a wider cultural diversity of expressions and forms. The purpose of the festival is to inspire the artistic and cultural environments in Norway and to stimulate the audiences’ consciousness of the world around.
- The festival entry is free.
- Submitted videos must have been completed after January 2010.
- Running time 10 min maximum (we are flexible, send us an email if your film is longer).
- All decisions are final.
- Two awards of €1000 will be given.
- All filmmakers will be informed by email of the selection results in January.
- Entry form must be completed online.
- One entry form per proposal.
- Each applicant can send maximum 3 submissions.
- Videos can be sent online with the entry form.
- You will be asked to upload a video online after filling the entry form.
- To upload your video, read these instructions:
- Supported upload formats
- The size limit to upload a video online is 300 MB.
- Non-English spoken videos should have English subtitles.
- If you are selected you will be asked to send your work in full resolution.
- For all the required material use the following address:
Oslo Screen Festival
Po. Box 2012 Grünerløkka
Festival director: Margarida Paiva
PR and information: Marianne Cestari Zecca
Technical manager: Rune Sandnes
Festival assistants: Elri Tendeland Uhre,Isabell Langvatn Goren,Inga Uldrike
To join our mailing list, please send us an email.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile