Deadline: 11 October 2011
Open to: all photographers world wide, both amateur and professional. The Center invites photographer working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate in its exhibitions.
Art Photography announces an international call for entries on the theme of portraits: a visual representation that portrays the likeness of a person, animal, place or thing.
Anna Walker Skillman began her career working at the Haines Gallery, a leading contemporary art gallery in San Francisco. In 1993, Anna moved to Atlanta to manage the studio of famed Atlanta artist Todd Murphy. After working with Mr. Murphy to establish his career for fi ve years, Anna turned to photography and joined Jackson Fine Art in 1998. In March of 2003, she purchased Jackson Fine Art from Jane Jackson who became curator of the prestigious and renowned collection of Sir Elton John. As the gallery director and co-curator for the past fi ve and half years, she is honored to have the opportunity to continue a reputation of excellence in exhibiting photography by both emerging and established artists.
EXHIBITION AND AWARDS
With selection for this exhibition, featured artist’s work will be seen by an international audience of collectors, curators, art consultants and other advocates of fine art photography. Each participant will be included in the Center’s Main Gallery exhibition and Online Gallery exhibition.
Juror’s Selection: $600
Director’s Selection: $250
2 liveBooks Website Awards: Valued at $399 from liveBooks.com
1 Blurb Book Award: Valued at $250 from blurb.com
Honorable Mention Awards: 2 year membership and a three image submission to a call for entry at the Center.
All exhibitors are included in the Center’s online gallery
All accepted images submitted for exhibition must be printed and framed or mounted professionally. The Center recognizes that some work is non traditional and incorporates the framing as an integral part of the presentation. To encourage participation by photographers from around the world, the Center offers optional economical printing and framing services. Additional details will be provided upon request.
APPLICATION & IMAGE UPLOADING GUIDELINES
Visit The Center for Fine Art Photography to Apply-on-Line
Email: email@example.com or call: (970) 224-1010
Everyone who submits will receive an email notification of which images were accepted. Accepted images will be posted on the Center’s website along with instructions for the gallery presentation.
Entries due: October 11, 2011
Notice of acceptance: October 21, 2011
Exhibition dates: Jan 13 – Feb 25, 2012
Public / Artists’ Reception: Feb 3, 2010, 6-9pm
Founded in 2004, The Center for Fine Art Photography is a nonprofit organization supported by donations, grants, and memberships. With offices, classrooms, and two galleries in Fort Collins, Colorado, the Center currently has more than 1,300 members representing 33 countries worldwide.
The Center for Fine Art Photography promotes the art of photography and supports creative artists through exhibitions, educational programs, international publications and by educating the public to the collectible value of photography.
Members: $20 for the first three images.
Non-Members: $35 for the first three images
Additional images may be submitted for $10 each. There is no limit to the number of images that may be submitted.
Applicants signing up for membership at the time they submit their work for jurying may become a member and meet the entry fee for a total of $77.00 USD
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile