Deadline: 16 December 2011
Le Arti Orafe, since 1985 Contemporary Jewellery School in Firenze, in cooperation with inhorgenta 2012, is glad to announces the Fourth edition of PREZIOSA YOUNG, International context/exhibition for young goldsmith/artists selected for their individual research and for the originality of their creations.
The competition does not have a specific theme: the selection will be made based on quality, originality and innovation of the work proposed by the participants. Quality of design and manufacture of the pieces; Originality in the use and interpretation of the materials used (no space for “copies” or objects too much influenced by other artists and/or teachers); Conceptual and technical innovation. Entries must clearly express the individual personality of each participant.
The items may be created in any material and technique.
Deadline for application
The on- line application must be submitted, on December 16th 2011, at latest.
Instructions for application
Please note that all the entries, texts and images must be uploaded in a single web ession, without the possibility of subsequent amendments. It is advisable to open the registration page, take note of the requested material, carefully prepare the images and texts, and then start the on-line enrolment.
All the text and captions must be redacted in English. Registration should NOT be send by post or mail.
Please note that the images submitted with the enrolment form can be used for advertising and press purposes.
The selection will be conducted in two phases. The first choice will be made through the photographic material sent
by the participants, whereas participants who pass the first selection will be asked to submit one of their items for the
the final selection that will be done by an international panel during inhorgenta 2012
As soon as the jury will have taken its decision, the winners will have the instruction for the shipment of their items.
Each of the winner must present at least 5 pieces for the exhibition. These pieces must be the same (or similar) to those submitted for the selection
The exhibition of the selected artists will take place at PREZIOSA 2012, in Florence, and then at inhorgenta 2013
(February 2013). The organizers could also plan other exhibitions during this period: the selected artists are committed to deliver their work to all the scheduled shows.
A catalogue will be published for the exhibition: selected artists will be asked to send us new images with appropriate definition.
Shipment of the pieces (second selection and exhibition)
The shipping costs for the selected pieces from the origin to Firenze must be paid by the submitters. It is up to the artists to decide whether to insure and/or send their pieces by registered mail.
Shipment from Firenze back to the origin will be paid by the organization.
Shipment from non-EU countries
The organization will not accept any shipments for the receipt or return of which customs, taxes or other charges
must be paid. To send pieces customs-free from non-EU countries, we suggest to use a Carnet A.T.A., which you can
obtain from the Chamber of Commerce in your country.
Please note that it may take some time for the Chamber of Commerce to issue this Carnet A.T.A.
All the pieces will be insured by the organization during the exhibitions, in Italy, in Munich, and other locations that may be identified
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile