Deadline: 31 October 2011
Open to: Australian and international printmakers at all stages of their careers.
Megalo’s Printmaker-in-Residence Program provides participants with a stipend and six weeks access to the Megalo Print Studios in Canberra. Participants have a choice of equipment and facilities including screen-printing on fabric or paper, etching, lithography and relief printing. The purpose of the residencies is to support the making of new work that meets the program objectives of excellence and innovation. Megalo runs an annual residency program.
Selected artists will receive:
• A living allowance of $2,000
• Materials allowance of $300.00
• Extended access to the Megalo workshops for a period of 6 weeks
• A place in the residency exhibition at the Megalo Gallery in 2012.
• International/interstate artists my also apply for an additional travel and accommodation subsidy of up to $AUD2,200 (international) and up to $AUD1,200 (interstate).
Key dates for applications for 2011 residencies
- Applications open for 2012 residencies: 1 September 2011.
- Applications closing date: Monday October 31, 2011
- All applicants notified of the selection panel’s decision: Friday 9 December 2011
- Timing of residencies: 1 February 2012 – 9 December 2012
Applications for 2012 are open as of 1 September 2011.
Eligibility and selection of artists
Up to four places within the program are open to Megalo members and artists living in the ACT and region. One position is reserved for a visiting artist from interstate or overseas. Program participants should not be engaged in undergraduate studies in the year of the residency. All applicants will be notified of the panel’s decision in December 2011.
It is expected that all printmakers-in-residence will be proficient in the print media in which they intend to work, unless a specific understanding has been established between Megalo and the artist through the application process. Applications from artists who are not printmakers will be considered where the artist intends to share or assign the stipend to a printmaker who will be responsible for production of their prints, any such arrangements should be clearly explained within the application.
Applications must use the Printmaker In Residence application form available by emailing email@example.com Please use the forms and instructions for image files provided and do not exceed the two page limit.
Selection will be undertaken by a panel and consider the merits of written proposal, availability of equipment and expertise, contribution made by the residency to Megalo’s overall program, as well as examples of recent print-based art work.
Applications must be posted to Megalo, 49 Phillip Avenue, Watson ACT 2602, Australia. Emailed applications will NOT be accepted.
Contribution from participants
Participating artists will contribute a representative body of work produced during the residency to the Megalo archive. The archive collection is used for the purposes of exhibition and scholarly research. Artists will be asked to present and discuss their work at a forum of Megalo members. Megalo will have the right to reproduce work made by residents for future promotion of Megalo programs but will in all such instances acknowledge the artist as being the maker of the work.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile