Deadline: 18 November 2011
Open to: all Artists and Graphic Designers
Media Arts Center San Diego will be presenting the 19th Annual San Diego Latino Film Festival (SDLFF), March 8-18, 2012. This prestigious and internationally recognized festival celebrates films and videos by Latinos and/or about the Latino experience, screening over 160 works from across Latin America and throughout the United States. For the third year in a row, the Festival is putting a call out to artists and graphic designers for its annual poster artwork. Artists and Designers are encouraged to submit work for the Film Festival Poster Competition by November 18, 2011.
Late submissions will NOT be accepted.
The competition is open to all artists and graphic designers. All submissions must be received by the deadline of November 18, 2011 at 5:00pm. There is no limit to the number of submissions entered. Entry fee is $10 for up to three submisions. Entries will be accepted from individuals, collaborative teams, or design firms, with prize money being split between the entrants listed. No additional prize money will be awarded.
We are looking for images that depict Latin American Cinema in an interesting, relevant and visually innovative way that avoids stereotypes and cliches. Entries will be judged using the following criteria:
*Overall impact of the display for eye-catching appeal, visual attractiveness, and its ability to draw the viewer in
*Clarity of the message’s demonstration of Latino cinema/film festival
*Appropriateness of the graphics for the festival
*Entries must be mounted on an 8 1/2″ w x 11″ h board.
In the artwork, be sure to include “19th Annual San Diego Latino Film Festival, March 8-18, 2012″ Entries may be in the form of photography, painting, graphic art, and illustration, in color or black and white. The design should be easy to translate into a range of print materials such as 30″ x 36” size posters, newsprint ads, t-shirts, film, street banners, bus advertisements, etc.
Place your name, address, email and phone number on the back of each submission. All submissions will be judged based on content, appeal and marketability. The decisions of the judges will be final. Media Arts Center San Diego does not take on liability for submissions. Please provide a self-addressed stamped envelope if you would like your design(s) to be returned to you.
All submissions become the shared property of the artist and San Diego Latino Film Festival. By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees that San Diego Latino Film Fesitval has permission to use the image for purposes including, but not limited to:
-festival badges & tickets
Copyrighted material: Material that is not original or the property of the artist is prohibited.
If your poster design is selected, you will win USD$1,000 and your design will contribute the look of the Festival by appearing on Festival posters, invitations, t-shirts, and much more, providing significant and immeasurable exposure to your artwork/design. Finalists will be announced in mid-December, and the winning poster will be revealed in January 2012 in San Diego. All posters that advance to the final round will be exhibited during the 2012 San Diego Latino Film Festival, March 8-18, 2012.
Send submissions to:
MEDIA ARTS CENTER SAN DIEGO
Attn: San Diego Latino Film Festival 2012
2921 El Cajon Blvd
San Diego, CA 92104-1204
For further information, please contact Media Arts Center San Diego at (619) 230-1938 or email email@example.com.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile