Gallery dvorak sec contemporary is calling for artists! In search of contemporary sculpture for public space. Gallery dvorak sec contemporary is pleased to announce its international sculpture competition with the focus on large scale outdoor sculpture for a new public space in newly constructed administration building in the centre of Prague, Czech Republic. All international artists are encouraged to participate and are given opportunity to showcase their work in a contemporary and pulsing environment of the historical city of Prague. Award prize is the purchase of the chosen sculpture. DEADLINE: June 7, 2013.
The objective of this competition is the selection of one original sculptural proposal to be placed in a newly built public open-air area in the centre of Prague. The space is encouraged for the use of recreation, for people and visitors to spend time in the space.
Sculptures we are seeking may be abstract or figurative, classical or light sculpture, symbolic or telling story, compact of modular, it is a project open to all fields of creation, created within the framework of the terms and conditions which accompany it.
The sculpture must be large scale (minimum of 2m of height or width) and made for open-air area (weather resistant and damage-certain).
Participation may be individual or collective.
Each of the participating persons or teams may submit a maximum of three proposals (including respective budgets).
All international artists may participate regardless of his/her place of residence.
Detailed documentation of the space is to download on the link below, visit of the construction site will be organized in mid-May (for Prague-based artists) or upon further arrangement.
All applications must be sent by email (email@example.com) with updated CV and pictures of works in the attachment.
Documents to download
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile