Deadline : 15 August 2011
The festival wishes to sustain and to stimulate the creative ways of the most modern visions of perceiving and recording the cultural realities in contemporary art. It presents the current processes and the way in which technology and society give rise to new forms of artistic expression by using the new media.
Based on a different theme every year, the festival presents video art projections, music live performances, interdisciplinary works, installations, lectures.
This year’s edition runs under the theme “imaginary” and will take place between 6-8 October 2011, in Timisoara, Romania.
TERMS OF ENTRY
Those interested may apply with a maximum number of 2 works; each of them must not exceed 10 minutes in length, in the following categories:
– video art, experimental video
– motion graphics and experimental animation
– generative video based on sound and image manipulation – programmed data visualization
Works must be sent in avi or quicktime format, with dv-pal compression (4:3 or 16:9) and 48kh sound, on data DVD.
Works will be submitted by mail, together with:
– the filled in and signed application form – a separate copy for each work (in hard copy and in digital version – on the DVD)
– 3-4 still images from each video, in jpg format – minimum size 720×576 pixels – on the DVD)
– a CV and a photo of the artist (optional)
The application form in Word/ text format must also be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning: we will not consider applications which do not include all the above elements!
Address for submissions: Asociatia Simultan / OP.1 – CP.296, Timisoara, Romania
The deadline for submission is: 15 August 2011 (postmark)
All works will be watched and selected by a jury. Only those accepted will become part of the festival screening programme. The decision of the jury is final.
– all selected works may be used in other presentations or partner events with the aim of promoting the Simultan Festival, but not for commercial purposes.
– submitted works will not be returned, but stored in the Simultan Association archive.
– the organisers reserve the right to make changes in the program.
– no entry fee!
For additional information please contact:
Levente Kozma, email: email@example.com
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site: http://www.simultan.org/en/2011/festival.html
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile