Sky Arts is once again offering five young artists £30,000 each to fund their work for a full year as part of the Sky Arts Ignition: Futures Fund– in association with IdeasTap. Sky Arts recognises that there’s an incredible amount of young talent in the arts today, but finding a way to get your work made is an ever-present challenge – so we’re on the lookout for five more artists to fund. The closing date: Wednesday 19 December 2012-
The fund is designed to develop your creative practice and help take your work to the next level. We’ll pair you with a mentor from Sky to help you develop your networks, skills and knowledge in the arts and the commercial sector, and support you through Sky’s platforms.
Changes to the fund this year:
FIVE artists will be selected during this round of funding, so this is your last chance to apply before autumn 2013.
The fund is open to applications from the following fields:
- Performing arts: theatre-makers including playwrights, spoken word artists, directors, puppeteers and live artists
- Dance: dancers and choreographers
- Music: musicians, composers, songwriters and conductors
- Visual art: fine artists, sculptors, photographers, animators and video artists
- Creative producing: do you bring together disparate parts of culture in exciting and innovative ways? This category is open to creative producers working in visual arts, theatre, film and performance/dance.
There won’t necessarily be a winner in every one of the five categories. Looking at all the applications, the judges will pick the five entries they believe to be the strongest overall.
For more information, read our article about what’s changed in the Futures Fund.
For tips from the top, read our interview with Sky Arts Channel Director, James Hunt.
To apply, you must be an IdeasTap member aged 18-30 on the closing date, Wednesday 19 December 2012, and either be a citizen of the UK or Ireland or have been resident in the UK or Ireland for the last five years. Either way, you must currently be living in the UK or Ireland to apply. It’s free to become an IdeasTap member and just takes a few minutes – sign up here.
Keep an eye out for details of the four seminars across the UK and Ireland we’re running that will give advice on how to write that winning application. Bookings will open soon.
In the meantime, for advice on how to create a successful application, read our Sky Arts judging: Top tips article.
About Sky Arts
Sky Arts offers an eclectic mix of the best contemporary and classical music, arts, biographies, chat shows, film, drama and comedy across Sky Arts 1 and Sky Arts 2 daily. Sky Arts also seeks to connect with culture on the ground, supporting and investing in the best of innovative arts from leading organisations to emerging artists in the UK and Ireland. For more information on Sky Arts, please visit www.sky.com/arts.
Download the terms and conditions to ensure your application is eligible.
Download the FAQs to see if your questions have already been answered.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 19 December 2012. Please do not leave it to the last day to apply – we are expecting a very high volume of applications, so if you experience technical difficulties or have any questions we may not be able to help you at that late stage. If you have any technical queries, visit the help centre. The deadline is final and we will not accept applications by any other means.
Follow this brief to download the application form: http://www.ideastap.com/Opportunities/Brief/9fb819f2-65d7-405d-8bc0-a0b700eaa974#Overview
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile