Deadline: 30 September 2011
Open to: international, visual artists, performing artists, art critics
It’s a great honor for us to invite visual and performing artists and art critics for the ‘Sowing Seeds Artist Village Residency’ in the most colorful State of India, which is known for its rich cultural tradition. The people themselves define the beautiful and varied aspects through different colors.
Visual artists, performing artists, art critics and local community will collaborate to create work about environment and social development in rural Rajasthan (INDIA).There will be opportunities for collaborative work that interacts with the rural environment.
“Sowing Seeds” is a project that intends to create dialogues and exchanges amongst artists beyond their national identity and serves as an opportunity for rural artists to meet, share and exchange ideas, visions, and diverse views in order to create a deeper understanding of art. It acts as a social environment developing and improving the artistic impressions of experts as well as emerging artists. As an alternative art space in INDIA, “Sowing Seeds” is geared to exchange the challenges required to organize such a contemporary artist village residency within rural areas and thus giving rise to a new era in art.
The key to our Artist residency projects will be creating local community collaboration to create works related to environment and social development in the village Gelavas, Barmer, Rajasthan (INDIA)
The artist residency will bring together 15 international artists practicing in a wide variety of media, collaboration, outdoor sculpture, documentation, or performing to bring benefit to a specific site and share ideas and methods for a period of 14 days in the village of Barmer, Rajasthan (INDIA).
The artists residency will provide the selected artists with full lodging and food, work space, local transportation and a small material stipend.
* 20th December 2011 to 2nd January 2012 [14-days]
* Young and emerging visual artists, performing artists and critics – Artists who are able to stay at village Gelavas for the designated period of time
* Artists who are able to communicate and collaborate with local people and participate in the exchange program,
How to apply
* Applicants should fill in all the required fields in the application form
* We will accept applications via e-mail
* Submitted information is only used for selection and not for any other purpose.
* Applications must be received by 30th September 2011.
* Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
* Applications will not be accepted if there is any deficiency or if required information is missing.
* Results will be announced in the beginning of 15th October 2011
* All applicants, both successful and unsuccessful, will be informed of the results. A total of 15 artists will be selected.
Applications & inquiries should be addressed to
MOBILE NO +91-9892672877 or +91-9314722004
Kaman Art foundation’s aim is to identify, promote and celebrate the community’s artistic and cultural identity and support community-based festivals, exchanges and events, as well as to bring to the community the art and culture of other communities in order to broaden their experiences and appreciation of the artist.
This not-for-profit space will provide for innovation unconstrained by commercial limitations; to afford artists from the region engaged in cutting edge, experimental work, an art centre. Along with providing a platform for traditional and contemporary artists, we hope to interact closely with, and encourage young writer, curators and critics, helping to give voice to their concerns.
By undermining geo-political divides, the objective of the Foundation is to foster a dialogue from within the Indian Sub-continent amongst various art practitioners, comprehensively enhancing the understanding of our shared history. A series of talks and lectures will be designed to accompany the exhibitions in an attempt to bridge the gap between art production and a wider audience. Supplementing this will be an education and outreach programme aimed at encouraging a culture where art does not remain cloistered, but becomes a matter of active discussion and debate.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile